Do powered Season Mages & Kinghts operate like elites?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm trying to get the mage hats & knight helms to add to my collection, and was wondering if they have a higher chance to drop when fighting them in their own season? From what I've gathered this is not the case, but I'm still unsure, anyone know? I assume most people tend to farm in a single season so I wouldn't be surprised if a more experienced player has seen some sort of pattern.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I'm trying to get the mage hats & knight helms to add to my collection, and was wondering if they have a higher chance to drop when fighting them in their own season? From what I've gathered this is not the case, but I'm still unsure, anyone know? I assume most people tend to farm in a single season so I wouldn't be surprised if a more experienced player has seen some sort of pattern.
I haven't experienced that the drop chance is increased depending on the season you're currently in, they are not elite versions just because you've changed to their season so I'm guessing there is no change. Just go with what season makes you kill them the fastest over trying to kill them in their season (Autumn is so hard it's not worth even the slightest +chance to drops).

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Autumn is so hard it's not worth even the slightest +chance to drops
I've realised that... I used to go in Summer because the rings of spikes could be easily knocked down by a Nova or two, combined with smacking the knights that are right infront of your face, but now I've switched to Winter due to the wonders of Frostling Boots. Moving diagonally also makes you dodge most of the winter knight charges too.

Own

Empowered doesn't mean Elite, I don't think. I believe @Teddy was going to make some visual distinction to seperate Empowered enemies from Elite ones, but I dunno if that still applies.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It'd be nice to have elite variations as well, so we get those higher drop chances for the hats n' helms, seen as they're so rare. They don't seem to have buffed health either, seen as I can still one-shot every mage with a well placed earth-spike.

Akira

Rabby
I'm a bit confused: what is elite and what is empowered? I know the yellow mobs but which are they and what are the others?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Empowered isn't the official term (not even sure if there is one). Elites are the one with the yellow circles underneath them for all enemies apart from the season mages/knights. They're the ones you have to kill for the bishop to remove the curse from the pumpkin woods, and tend to have extra health and damage, and one other special feature, EG, Elite Ghosties can attack quicker, Elite Frostling Rogues and Brawler Bots aren't knocked back/stunned by attacks. They also have higher drop chances for the rarer items and cards.

Empowered is the term I gave to the Season Mages/Knights while they are in their own season. They take on the yellow ring underneath the character like Elites, but don't operate in exactly the same way. They all get their own unique attack/spell, and do more damage, but don't seem to have any extra health, and the topic we're discussing here is if they have higher drop chances like the Elites do, but it seems this is not the case (sadly T^T).

Hope that helped ^-^

Akira

Rabby
Ah, okay, thanks, then I knew that already ;)

Well since I experienced no higher drop chances for the "empowered" Season Knights and Mages too I always fight in summer environment which for me is the easiest one to fight in.

Own

I do think that elite versions of them exist, though I could be wrong.

A few times in the Season Temple of Arcade, I'd come across a room with a lone empowered Season Wizard in it. It seemed to take more damage than the rest to kill and dropped an Ice Shield for me each time. It was a very rare occurance, though.

I think it was in an All Season room. Was that an Elite Empowered, or was my mind playing tricks on me...?