Do you find two-handed weapons satisfying?

Shu-Woon

Green Slime
Since /respec was made available I have been able to actually make really good comparisons, and it seems like 2 handed weapons suck against monsters that don't flinch because you can't react in time to dodge/block, it's very punishable and the damage doesn't seem to make up for anything because all the skills are unsafe, berserker is fine and dandy if the monster is flinchable, but if they can't flinch then you can't keep stacking the hits, trying to immediately throw in a second basic attack could get you killed. It'd be a different story if berserker mode made it where you're immune to slows and you don't flinch.

I feel that most of the two handed skills are too unsafe to charge near monsters, I don't know how you can pull off a silver charge on any monster past slimes/bunnies without taking massive damage, a slight range increase might be able to fix this.

The game seems more balanced around being able to properly block, and avoid being hit, but two handed weapons don't seem to promote that kind of style of play cause they're too sluggish, for a small damage increase. (one hand swings waaay faster, the skills do amazing damage and give you lot's of mobility to where you'll be dishing in more damage a lot safer)

And magic will give you consistent ranged damage, 2 hand doesn't seem to provide any role as you progress to the more difficult monsters.

I struggled with the game till I did a /respec to one hand, and I kept switching back to 2 hand to try it in each area after the pumpkins, but it just seems too weak.

My Suggestions:
Have a ranged increase on jump slash skill. (Or better yet, immune to damage during skill) A method that allows you to immediately get into silver charge, and berserker being reworked to something that also gives you bonus movement speed, and allowing the knockback skill to reflect projectiles and making it easier to land.

Last edited:

IHeartPie

Halloweed
Have you been doing any animation cancelling? Perfect guarding?

I realized that I hated the 2-handed sword at the beginning as well; always opting for 1h when I had the chance. My initial impressions of the 2h skills in arcade were largely negative.

However, after playing a lot more, I went back and realized that the 2h excels in range and mob control compared to 1h. Against non-flinching enemies, it's actually better with the 2h sword because the range allows for kiting.

The sustained damage is definitely lower, but with animation-cancelling, the 2h sword can still output some remarkable damage. You can use your shield or any skill to negate the later half of your swing. Using the shield will allow you chain infinitely while Swing into a Spin gives you huge crowd control prowess and happens relatively quickly.

You definitely benefit from perfect guarding a lot more as a 2h-user. Big crits with auto attacks and big damage from instant silver-charge skills. These attacks also have the added range, which means that even if the perfect guard knocks you back/knocks the enemy far, you have a much better chance of using the powered-up skill.

All in all, I do agree that 2h is weaker than the 1h, but I don't find the 2h to be unsatisfying =P. [Except the zerker stance... not a big fan yet =P]

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Going into Attack speed with the 2h never worked out for me. When I first played the beta I started out witht the 2h since I thought that not many people would do that (#noMainstream!). I quickly learned that you don't spam attack and that you have to move around after every attack. If you kite all your enemies until they are bunched up and turn around, attack once and then move back a bit you actually kill big groupes of enemies quicker and safer than 1h. I play 2h more passive which I find is the way to go about it. I'm satisfied with the 2h but not quite the skills. The first two ones are really good but I can't find good ues for the other ones. The Heroic Slam is my favourite skills in the game. :D

IHeartPie

Halloweed
^I like the first two + the swing. The swing MURDERS bosses like Gigaslime. Any boss with minions essentially. Because of the way the skill works, it only applies damage once on enemies your sword hits, but not the enemies the flying enemies hit. Thus, you can blast a bunch of slimes into gigaslime for massive damage =P. Plus, it's loads of fun to slam stuff into walls ^-^.