Elite Fish fight while Fishing & Dyes to your gear!

MarleyC

Green Slime
Because everyone loves fishing, or you simply do it for the achievements or for feeding your pet.
Whatever the case, you usually spend 10/15min+ for fishing on each area and this could be a bit annoying if you still can't catch the last fish in the list to get your desired goal. So why we don't make fishing a less repetitive ?. How?.
With a fish fight of course !.
This is what i got in mind:

A "X" % probability to encounter a furious enemy fish while fishing which drops his preys ( catchable fishes, this drop will help a lot for our hungry pets!. ) as rewards and some exp and gold. If this enemy could be a elite to make it hard to defeat with atleast 2 different skins so we don't have to see the same enemy everytime we got the opportunity to face him that would be great!.

------------
And for the Dyes on the equipments you know there's not much to say about this. But it could be a good idea too for us the players who love customize our characters to the last level. There are some items for now which are accurate enough when equiped we become similar to our favourite characters from other games.
But with dyes we can play even more with our appearance. Well that's all let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Snoochy42

Green Slime
It would be interesting to perhaps have this as a quest at first, after which point you can catch mini bosses, kind of like how Elite Mobs don't start appearing until after the Graveyard quest. But make it an optional sidequest?

Perhaps have it where the first Mini-boss be a "Magic Karp" outside of a town. Quest given by Seamus (the pirate), "This Karp be so huge it tore me favorite fishing pole right out of me hand! Kind of... he took me hand with it! (Which is why he has a hook for a hand)". Upon catching and defeating the Magic Karp boss, he would award Seamus' Rod, which enables the catch of other "Fish of Legend!"(added achievement perhaps). With a tooltip, "With such legendary creatures out there.. I Got to catch em' all!"

The reason you get to keep his favorite fishing pole if because he can't fish with one arm anymore and has no use for it.

Last edited:

NE_Cupcakes

Green Slime
Honestly, I like the idea of a chance of getting the mini-boss fish. Kind of spices up something that can, at times, feel somewhat tedious. The issue I see with it though is those times you want to step away from fighting for a moment, this would get in the way of that. I really would like to see something like this implemented, though.