Elite monsters?

How would you want elite monsters to spawn?

• Leave them in arcade mode.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rabby
I know they were tutorialized in the forest of spoopy spary skeletons sending spippers down our spine, but then they just vanish and never appear again.

Just out of curiosity, are they going to be able to rarely spawn in the future, or will they be in certain areas?

I would, personally, prefer the former as it would allow players to go back and find bunnies who would have a better drop rate for their card and rare item, likewise for the slime's rare item and the bee's card.

I just never saw them after that (except in arcade but I wasn't sure if that counted) even inside the flying fortress so... here I am asking the question.

What would everyone else want?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I think right now it is not 100% set in stone what will be the case, but most of the Players wrote that they would like a rare spawn on normal difficulty and an uncommon on high difficulty.
I'm voting also for that option as it makes the endless fight for loot much more interesting.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I like both the rare-uncommon thing and the timer thing. Some things can be rare RNG things but to have some predictable things would be nice. There is a post here on the forum about an intelligent RNG system (which I think sounds pretty neat) but there is nothing that says that it will be a thing in the game and to me the timer system sounds way easier to implement. In WoW you have the rare spawns that have a pretty long timer on them before they spawn so something like that but maybe not hours long respawn timers as the game isn't hosting that many players per world.

Rabby
Regardless, if it was on a timer I would assume that by entering a new multiplayer instance you would be entering ane fresh world. Thus all you would need to do is restart the server or go into a rotation of everyone's server to fight it multiple times. There would probably be some sort of exploit at that rate.

Cheynas

Rabby
Regardless, if it was on a timer I would assume that by entering a new multiplayer instance you would be entering a new fresh world.

How about having it being a RNG chance, with a cooldown?

Meaning that you have to farm a bit for it, but it won't spawn 5+ at once if the RNG is vengeful.
Also prevents a bit of server hopping since you still got the RNG to compete with.

-----

Alternatively, have every 50 or so spawned, be an elite version... since the Hard mode have insanely fast spawns, after a lot of farming in an area, there won't be long to wait for them to appear in a controlled manner... yet still allow some to spawn "wild" as you're going through an area.

Of course, that counter would be saved to the main characters account/world... so that yes, you could farm 4 of them in quick succession with a lot of planning by rotating servers... but it'd be faster to stay in one session and farm an area instead.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Regardless, if it was on a timer I would assume that by entering a new multiplayer instance you would be entering ane fresh world. Thus all you would need to do is restart the server or go into a rotation of everyone's server to fight it multiple times. There would probably be some sort of exploit at that rate.
Could easily be avoided by starting the spawn timer for all the elite monsters as soon as you enter the game/new world. I don't see a problem here. :D

Rabby
Could easily be avoided by starting the spawn timer for all the elite monsters as soon as you enter the game/new world. I don't see a problem here. :D
Yeah I could see that, it would definitely stop that from happening. It doesn't spawn UNTIL X time has passed.

FreshSheet

Green Slime
I'd like the chance encounter more because then you'd be able to nab a few while farming to speed it up o3o