Elite Weapons

StoneMan

Green Slime
I was thinking about Bag, Amalet & the future entity items
What about some sort of elite weaponry/shield/ armor That is alive
Having a sort of mini-level system to boost its stats over time.
Maybe even a few passive perks for the player aswell after certain lvl triggers.
& Thing like it would have Conversations with Bag, Only be able to equip 1 of the said Elites.
Maybe even custimization of these items.
Could make it transferable even; like a Spirit that you can augment an item with..

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Sounds not bad but it defies the grinding nature of the game when you have a an elite weapon.
Or you can make like 20 of them but i don't think that the Devs want to the game to go that way.
As most of the User, Teddy, Fred and Vilya have a vast knowledge about games and are 100% familiar with Secret of Mana. And you can bet they have a reason they decided against a system where you can level you weapons.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
What about endgame? Maybe there could be a certain item that turns your weapon/armor into this elite item? I mean as we progress in the story the early weapons will be useless and the cool Smashlight will have worthless DPS compared to other weapons. Allowing the player to level up his weapon of choise so that he can keep on using it would be a nice way to give the player more freedom with gear. If this doesn't sound good then maybe we could have transmog gear like in WoW? Simply being able to move the stats to a better looking weapon with an item from a boss or that we've crafted (maybe a quest?) would be really cool. :p

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Or the Elite Weapons could be just hidden in a secret dungeon as an endgame gear, like legendary sealed weapons in Final Fantasy V.

Rabby
Personally, I would have always liked one of the more hidden living weapons being your first weapon.

No matter what happened you stuck with that sword until the end. You trusted it, and in the end it trusted you.

And neither of you let each-other down.

That's just a personal thought, anyway. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like to sell my first set of gear because that's what I started with. That's what I began my journey in. It means something.