Enchanting and Improving Items

Sorry if this is in the game and I don't know of it yet. I just thought this was a really awesome idea and wanted to post it before I forgot. Okay so I have two ideas here that I will separate as best as I can on this one post.

Improving Items: For improving items I suggest being able to go into a blacksmith's shop and when talking to shop-owner either (A.) In the crafting menu make a sub-menu called "improving" (or something like it.) (B.) Make a menu below crafting (not in the crafting menu.) titled "Improving" (or something like it.) When in this menu or sub-menu you can click an item and, using the materials used to build the item, improve the item by maybe 1, 2, or 3, etc. DMG. Like show this on the item for example in the sequence:
<Item Name> <Attack or Defense Amount> (+ amount of damage or defense) (Desc. of item)

Example (Not using real numbers.)
Wooden sword: Dmg: 5 (+3) (Description of item here)

Enchanting Item: I am not sure how you would do this one besides something similar to the suggested improvement system. The difference between enchanting and improving would be, enchanting is adding like poison to item, less energy used with certain skill type, etc. Item shown like this when enchanted.
(A.) <Item Name> <Attack or Defense amount> <enchant name and affect> <item desc.> OR (B.) <Item Name> <Attack or defense amount> <Item Desc. + Enchantment and it's affect>

Example A (Not using real numbers.)
Shield: Def: 5 (Poison: Target takes 5 points of damage over 15 seconds when they hit the shield. Does not stack.) (Description of Item Here)

Example B (Not using real numbers)
Shield: Def: 5 (Description of Item Here + Poison: Target takes 5 points of damage over 15 seconds when they hit the shield. Does not stack.)

Side Notes:
This is mostly wistful thinking and not completely thought out.
2. I would like your opinions on this. This includes all feedback, suggestions, etc.)
3. I would also like to thank you for reading this and thank you for any feedback. :D

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Well, these things are usually nice in RPGs but I think it would require a lot of balancing for this to work in the game which means the game will take longer to finish (not saying that that is a bad thing but let's be honest, we all want the game to be finished at some point. :D). It would add more diversity to the game and maybe increase the game time but... meeeh. To me it seems like an ok idea that I would probably enjoy if it was in the game but I'm not that excited about adding it. If that makes sense. :p

Last edited:
@GoodStuff Yeh I get what your saying and I understand. It was mostly wistful thinking, I would just like the game to have plenty of options, if you get that.

Maybe like after they complete the game or farther along in the process of completing it they can add it or something like it. :)