Exp and Farming (Version 0.56i)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
So I've seen people asking about how to level up because they have a hard time getting exp. I'm here to save the day (or not) by providing you with some knowledge.
Exp, how does it work?
Exp is gained when you kill an enemy. The stronger the monster the more Exp you get. Easy stuff right?
But what happens is when you level up you gain less Exp from monsters. So if you kill a Rabby and you gain 5 Exp, you level up and now you only gain 4! (Please note that these numbers are just made up, they are just an example.)

"This means that we soon can't kill Rabbys and Slimes to level up! What what are we gonna do? Panic?" - Said with my most deep and manly voice.
"Stay calm as I, Good Stuff, have come to save the day!" -Said with my most girly voice.

Farming Exp, GoodStuff Edition
Here is my "guide" that shows you where it's good to farm/where I like to farm.
Rabbys and Slimes
SoG Farming 1.png This is straight under the teleportation plate for Pillar Mountains. You stay here until you reach level 5-6 then I think it's better to move on.

Ghosts and Jumpkins
This is by far the best farming spot in the Jumpkin Woods in my opinion. It's a small area that isn't spawning monsters with high HP. Stay here until you reach level 13. SoG Farming 4.png As you can see it's located next to the cemetery. (If you've done the Main Story you should know where it is. :D )

Flying Fortress
Here's the deal about the Flying Fortress. All the monsters are annoying here so even if it's a good farming spot it's still very annoying to farm there. I like this area the most because I don't want to fight Peckos and Wisps at the same time (I still die to that Super-Mega-Ultra Combo). This room is really big with lots of enemies so it might seem that it's bad for farming as we usually like when the monsters are close to each other. But since we have to deal with Wisps and Guardians here I prefer to have space so that I can kite the Brawler Bots away from Wisps and Guardians, allowing me to deal with only Wisps/Guardians later. SoG Farming 5.png This place is located in the right section of the Flying Fortress. Just keep walking until you reach the room where you have to Perfect Block a shot to enter Phaseman's room. Then go back to the room before. :p
I hope you find this useful. Let me know if you have any questions or want me to give you some tips on Secrets of Grindea related stuff. :D

Last edited:

xoerli

Green Slime
I am level 16 at the moment and leveling where the ghosts and Jumpkins are... you dont get that many EXP :( but I do it also for the pet.. the Jumpkins there drop "Pumpkin Meat " and "Pumpkin Seed" for my pet. It levels up damage. Pumpkin Meat +1 and Pumpkin Seed +5.
But as I said... It is hard to level there :p but hey... this game called GRINDea :D

ark626

:D those are also my favorite spots to level up and collect items :D
But i also like this one
Farming Spot.png

This is the best Spot to gain the Halloweed card and in my opinion its also a gorgeous place to level till 16 because of the diversity of enemies, and the Spawnrate and amount of enemies

GarlicJelly

When I farm Halloweeds I like this spot better because I can make the Halloweed spawn by walking to the next zone and back again. :D
SoG Farming 6.png

xoerli

Green Slime
ok... first of all... WTF !!! over 4k health....?!?!

How did you get the treasure at the bottom of the picture oO?

GarlicJelly

ok... first of all... WTF !!! over 4k health....?!?!

How did you get the treasure at the bottom of the picture oO?
First of all, I'm level 52. My pet is a damage pet. This mean that you have 4k health at level 52, which seems normal to me. :p
For the chest, read this spoiler.
You can actually walk between the trees! There is a gap to the left of the chest. Just walk towards the trees until you disappear.

xoerli

Green Slime
but this charakter is the one where you did the "exploit" at the beginning, isnt it? From your first "how to farm exp"

what skill is your "Q" button? dont see it in my version?! :p

GarlicJelly

but this charakter is the one where you did the "exploit" at the beginning, isnt it? From your first "how to farm exp"

what skill is your "Q" button? dont see it in my version?! :p
Yes. I only use that one to try skills and act as a wiki since he's done and found everything.
It's the 2h skill Smash! (because I used it to break the game earlier today). If you don't have it in your version then you're playing the desura version. XD It's been on the steam beta for a while now. ^^

ark626

@xoerli NO this is a gimmik which can be gained from the arcade and its cosmetical only it spawns butterflies (that q button thing on the screenie) and you can gain it also

ark626

@GoodStuff :D Yeah i know how you feel but with a level over 20 there is no need in getting banged from halloweeds ;D THey are just like rabbies are at level 5

GarlicJelly

At the Q button youve had the Butterfly thing
Silly me! It's a trinket I've gained by completing a quest in Arcade mode. XD It's spawning butterflies around me when I press it. :3 I read skill and my brain thought you meant my C.

Graylen

Green Slime
I'm pretty sure level caps somewhere around 16-18.
The highest level normal monster in the game are those birds at level 10, i farmed them for a good 5 hours and only got halfway level 16.

Doubt you could still get to 50+

GarlicJelly

I'm pretty sure level caps somewhere around 16-18.
The highest level normal monster in the game are those birds at level 10, i farmed them for a good 5 hours and only got halfway level 16.

Doubt you could still get to 50+
Farming the Peckos is not the best way to gain exp. Try the last spot in the guide. :3
And getting 30+ is probably not likely with the current exp system and monsters.