Exp and Farming (Version 0.56i)

Graylen

Green Slime
What is this exploit you speak of?
In previous patches mobs gave the same amount of XP no matter your level, where as in our current patch XP rewards go down when you outlevel something.

The "exploit" was basically having out your frosty friend summon in a field of bunnies and slimes and just going AFK, farming XP for hours on end without having to do anything to get it.

No longer possible now :(

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I wouldn't call it an exploit as I was using the system in a fair way and I assume the reason it got patched was because of me. :p

ark626

THis isnt the exploit i meant :D or bug
I meant the one where @GoodStuff managed to afk farm again via 2 Handed skill which was broke and so he could stand still and sent all bunnys and boars flying without doing anything :D

GarlicJelly

I meant the one where @GoodStuff managed to afk farm again via 2 Handed skill which was broke and so he could stand still and sent all bunnys and boars flying without doing anything :D
Ah, yeah that was a pretty sweet thing to do by the game. Since I've spent 87 hours (only on the steam version) with it I guess it felt like giving me something back. :p

Last edited:

XRizerX

Green Slime

Ahhh I see, ah well...

Yeah I don't see the reason for doing such a thing so early in the game... it doesn't seem like it's that difficult of a game that you need to grind for 87 hours to complete it. I can see why you would like to be OP though... it can be fun.

I'll just experience the game through natural progression... there's so much grinding you have to do as it is, I'll probably be over leveled by the time I'm done any how. :)

GarlicJelly

Ahhh I see, ah well...

Yeah I don't see the reason for doing such a thing so early in the game... it doesn't seem like it's that difficult of a game that you need to grind for 87 hours to complete it. I can see why you would like to be OP though... it can be fun.

I'll just experience the game through natural progression... there's so much grinding you have to do as it is, I'll probably be over leveled by the time I'm done any how. :)
I haven't been grinding for 87 hours. I've been playing SoG for 87 hours (on steam). Since it's been a while since the last time I played a new charcter for Story mode (2 or 3 patches has passed now, damn Arcade mode!) I decided to try it out. I noticed that the difference with the exp is HUGE! I can't believe that when I rush through the main story I get to level 12 (no unecessary killing at all!) and then there is like 2-3 more levels to gain before the exp stops moving. :( Grinding levels was a fun part of the game and I wish that the later areas of the game will keep giving us exp no matter how high our level is.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I heard that Lv18 is the highest that you achieve ingame with just grinding. Is that true?
I'm stuck at level 16 after farming Phaseman for an hour.

Last edited:

CupidStunt

Green Slime
I am currently lvl26 and still earn exp from rabbies and slimes in the pillar mountain grind area.

Not trough conventional means though, i use a macro script, let my character attack in 4 directions while having cloudstrike watch my back still. (comes fairly close to afk-farming yes)

But frosty is the (snow)man of the hour, it just kills everything within reach :D. The progress is very slow but noticeable, takes me about an hour or 3 to lvl up.
Yes, the 1 exp (conjesture) is still 1 exp that adds to the total amount.

So no, i don't think there is some kind of hard-cap when it comes to max level you can reach.