Farming Spots

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Since I've been doing this for an hour....
SoG 1hour afk farm.png
I am now eager to hear which YOUR favorite farming spot is! Which mobs do you like to farm the most? What mobs do you hate to farm? What skills do you prefer to use when you farm? Do you even use skills when you farm? What is the longest time you've spent farming a card, an item or exp? Have your game ever lagged when you've been farming? ;) Please feel free to ask questions about farming or tell me your farming story/experience. :D

Same area as you, but right before the zone to the next area. I farm bushes. For berries. For mana boost (through pet feed). There is a nice set of 4 x 3 bushes - easy to bring down with ice AoE. Just get them and then leave south, and re-enter. Repeat.

Currently, I'm doing this with my three room mates. We're farming in 6 hour shifts so we can keep up the flow 24/7 for maximum mana pool boost!

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Taking shifts! Damn, I better pick up my pace. XD You sure got dedication! I fully agree with that being the best berry farming spot. Let me know what your max mana stops at. :D

Edit: It would be nice if you made like a pread sheet with how many berries you need to reach a certain lvl. (I assume that it's the same as dmg but I've been to lazy to count the exp needed per lvl.)

POtem

Green Slime
Same area as you, but right before the zone to the next area. I farm bushes. For berries. For mana boost (through pet feed). There is a nice set of 4 x 3 bushes - easy to bring down with ice AoE. Just get them and then leave south, and re-enter. Repeat.

Currently, I'm doing this with my three room mates. We're farming in 6 hour shifts so we can keep up the flow 24/7 for maximum mana pool boost!
That has been taken to a whole new level,I like dis! P.S thinking of doing the same here xD

Own

I really hope that the snowman automatically unsummons after a certain amount of inactivity or lack of battle participation from the player. :p

GarlicJelly

You don't have to worry about the Frosty Friend being to OP to afk farm with. He still gets beaten up by the little slimes..... But that is not really a bad thing because it prevents your game from crashing and prevents potentional loss of 5 hours of loot. I came back after 3-4 hours and found this on my screen. :D The little bastard is taking a nap I didn't allow.SoG 3 hours afk farm.pngWhile this much items sure do make the game lose frames there is still no signs of a crash. I was lvl 18 when I started project Crash the Game and I'm now lvl 39 with this being my closest attempt of succeeding. I think it's safe to say that Secrets of Grindea has passed the stress test in Single Player (Oh how I wish I could play Multi Player so that I could have multiple Frosty Friends going).

Inzanity

Green Slime
How does your summon survive this long (couple of hours)? Mine seems to get beaten up after just a few hits/seconds/minutes.

I didn't even realise there were designated grinding spots already! Nice guys!

But, I do kinda want to grind a bit, as I do want to S-Rank the Giga Red Slime

marcipaans

Green Slime
I am interested how do you get that the companions don't just stop after a minute or something of afking. They just stop and I have to move around so they start attacking again.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
I am interested how do you get that the companions don't just stop after a minute or something of afking. They just stop and I have to move around so they start attacking again.
That effect was posted before we added the 'nerf' of them not attacking anymore after a while!

GarlicJelly

This spot is not optimal anymore. Some patches ago you could get crazy exp from this place but the devs looked at this post and said "NERF!". Now you can't stay at a low level area to gain exp anymore, you have to fight stronger enemies as your character gets stronger (fair enough). As for afk farming, that also got patched, that is only possible to do in this area (if you, maybe walk towards a wall or something) since the better enemies will kill your summon super quick. I'll give you guys an updated version of this post later today. :D

GarlicJelly

does this work anymore? :O
This spot is not optimal anymore. Some patches ago you could get crazy exp from this place but the devs looked at this post and said "NERF!". Now you can't stay at a low level area to gain exp anymore, you have to fight stronger enemies as your character gets stronger (fair enough). As for afk farming, that also got patched, that is only possible to do in this area (if you, maybe walk towards a wall or something) since the better enemies will kill your summon super quick. I'll give you guys an updated version of this post later today. :D
I haven't tried the new patch that buffed the Frosty Friend but the summons will also go afk if you stop moving for a while so AFK farming is not possible (unless you have something that moves your character to prevent your summons to go AFK).

Crimefridge

Green Slime
You can farm the spot near the Witch's hut warp if you hold right against the wall. Good for farming pumpkins for ATK food.

HexZyle

Boar
I've noticed that an absurd portion of the fish from the Halloween area give large bonuses to ATK, it's sort of unfair for someone like myself who just wants to sit down and fish for a while, every other spot gives you too wide a spread of different stat fish that don't have very high values

Captain WaddleDee

Green Slime
My personal grinding spots are anywhere enemies can respawn. I am a plant summoner and I went heavy with giving my pet additional EP or "Mana" so I could spam plants. I also have relatively high EP regeneration. As far as how long I've spent hunting things; I would have to say my first game character before this; I spent a good hour trying to get a Pecko card and didn't. On this character however, lucked out and got one on the way to GUN-D4M.

Gibbi

Green Slime
idhDEjs.jpg

Got this just from farming presents and gifts