Fast/Speedrun

ShadowM

Green Slime
I don't really want to call it a speedrun just yet as it always have time for improvements, first of all i must say i really love the game and have been playing it tons since the steam release and inspired by SGDQ going on now i figured i would give the story mode a couple of runs.
So far my best has been 51:07(that means talking to father about getting the relic).
dLSqYI3.jpg

I had 1 mishap in that run and it was dying on GUN-D4M loosing me some time.
I would always love some input on maybe how to get it faster.
I run the Pea-Shooter plant strategy just have that on lv.5 as you mass up ice fiend to run around and consume some damage as you setup the plants, with your magic damage increasing(same with crit) they will get crazy good and will kill some harder bosses to melee like Winter.
I can try to record a run later.

Own

Pea-shooter has just been nerfed, less damage and no enemy stun. I wonder if your build is still viable for sub-1 hour. :p

ShadowM

Green Slime
Even if its nerfed it should still be viable option to avoid getting damaged as much near the end.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I have a few things that I know make you go faster.

1 being playing in a multiplayer session. This allows you to browse the menu while the screen shows the boss name which can save you some easy 20 seconds on stuff like the Green Slime and GUN-D4M. (I usually save up a few poionts and spend them during right before the boss fight starts)

2 is to use Piercing Dash to move faster. That said I myself don't use this much simply because it means that I have to calculate when to turn off my Cloud and my Shadow Clone so I can use my EP the most efficient (which I'm too lazy to do).

What season do you switch between when you play the Hydra fight? Currently I stay in Winter the whole fight and use Piercing Dash to move away from the headbutts and the ice beam but it's quite tricky to do and I don't know if I actually save time by doing so. :)

ShadowM

Green Slime
I have been trying around with piercing dash to move faster but ive felt that its not really enough for the 1 skill point, but it would help later on when i switch over to staff.
And when it gets to the hydra fight i usually switch between Autumn and Winter, the winter head is the one that dies first every time.
I should try having a multiplayer game open, i usually just do the first level then wait 5 more levels to get the plant to 5 right away(since its more or less useless before then).

On another note you could kinda "glitch" summons with respec if you want to save points, as the summons still stay out when you use /respec and will follow you until you die even if you don't put points back on them.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
On another note you could kinda "glitch" summons with respec if you want to save points, as the summons still stay out when you use /respec and will follow you until you die even if you don't put points back on them.
I know but I prefer to run glitch less since the game won't have the command after release. :)

ShadowM

Green Slime
sOfrtr5.jpg
I beat my old time even after the update using the same pea-shooter strategy, it was the only run today where i didn't have on record wich kinda pisses me off.
I know i can beat this as i actually had 2 game overs on places where i have never died before, just getting used to the no stun in the season temple.