[feature request] Please rebind for A and X buttons of controller

wahoo

Green Slime
Hello, i just bought the game on steam. It's a very beautiful one thank you very much for it !

However i'm disabled and play with left arm for left stick and right foot for A B X Y buttons.
i appreciate a lot that we can bind freely to B button, Y button, and LT+buttons RT+buttons
And that we don't have to use the RB button (because i can't reach it).

However, please could you allow the rebind of A and X buttons (xbox 360 controller) too ? To rebind shield and main attack ?
It would be much easier for me to bind attack to A, shield to B and special attacks to X and Y.

Of course it's a specific ask... But maybe some other players would be happy too to be able to rebind main attack and shield ?

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I want people to be able to rebind the controller at some point for sure - possibly we'll add that some time after Tai Ming is complete! I also want to add the possibility to bind actions to mouse buttons, since some people are so used to MMOs and stuff.

In the meantime, I found some information about a Japanese program called "Xinput Plus" that seems to be able to rebind a controller at system level!

You can download it here (I downloaded and tested Ver4.9.1): https://sites.google.com/site/0dd14lab/xinput-plus

You need to find the game's exe file (right click the game in your Steam Library, select Properties, go to Local Files and click Browse Local Files) since the program customizes settings based on the game.

The game will display the wrong buttons, but swapping A and B was very easy and worked perfectly in the game.

If it works for you, you might make great use of it outside of SoG as well!

wahoo

Green Slime
Hello and thanks for answer !

Xinput Plus refused to set the game as a target program here (4.9 and 4.14, admin mode). Don't know why.
Durazno is working well to rebind. However it writes over the game menu and dialogues functions too... It's confusing but ofc better than nothing.

The current controller rebind in stuff shortcuts is very good, just the ability to rebind the attack and shield (A and X buttons) are missing. http://prnt.sc/d1vyxj

Thanks to have searched for a software. I'll play with durazno until maybe the future update.

Last edited: