Fishing idea - Bait

UTech

Rabby
Trade in (via quest ofc) [ F x 10 =Total F ], where F represents the fish's stat points for pets.
Cost being that (F) amount of fish's cost in total x10 *just a placeholder idea*
maybe permanent as an accesory item so grindea has more meaning to fishing for the expert angler,
or a timed consumeable for purchase after that fish's quest is completed.
Would like to hear everyone's input, Thought I'd jot down this to maybe spark a greater intelligence with a better idea.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Ok, let me see if I understand what you mean. Your idea is to have a NPC that you can get fish requests from as a quest. Once you've gathered the amount of the specific fish asked for you turn it in for a consumable or an accessory that boosts your fishing in some way. It's not a bad idea and you might be interested in reading the bigger discussion we've had about fishing over here: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-fishing-minigame-mechanics.837/#post-4960
:D

Own

Wow, I forgot all about that post. o_O Like... I literally don't remember writing it. Bizarre. Probably because I've thought so little of fishing outside of Arcade Mode (where I'm hoping the fish catch faster with a reduced time limit before the next stable update :D), I only do it until I get all the fish in an area and move on. I'm not sure if I'm missing some secret piece of gear somewhere by doing this, like the Pillar Mountains has boots in it's pond...

I wonder if they're still planning on going withan oldschool RPG battle based fishing system, or if they're sticking with the current mechanics?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Wow, I forgot all about that post. o_O Like... I literally don't remember writing it. Bizarre. Probably because I've thought so little of fishing outside of Arcade Mode (where I'm hoping the fish catch faster with a reduced time limit before the next stable update :D), I only do it until I get all the fish in an area and move on. I'm not sure if I'm missing some secret piece of gear somewhere by doing this, like the Pillar Mountains has boots in it's pond...

I wonder if they're still planning on going withan oldschool RPG battle based fishing system, or if they're sticking with the current mechanics?
I think they are going to stick with the current mechanics unless they make fishing more important. Right now fishing doesn't really have a purpose so removing it all together wouldn't affect the game. If fishing gets an actual role in the game rather than just being one of those things that people expect to find in any RPG then we might see a bigger change to the mechanics for fishing.

UTech

Rabby
Ok, let me see if I understand what you mean. Your idea is to have a NPC that you can get fish requests from as a quest. Once you've gathered the amount of the specific fish asked for you turn it in for a consumable or an accessory that boosts your fishing in some way. It's not a bad idea and you might be interested in reading the bigger discussion we've had about fishing over here: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-fishing-minigame-mechanics.837/#post-4960
:D
spot on, I'll check the thread