Forced Seed Arcade Mode

Dana

Green Slime
For racing, it would be amazing if there were a way to force the seed (like Binding of Isaac does) so everyone would have the same map. Just have the seed disable quests and not drop Essences/give points, and it'd be all good. :)

I recently introduced this to a speedrun friend of mine, and it kinda spiraled and a buncha of people bought it cause he streamed it :) And so now we're discussing how to race Arcade Mode, and this would be the best solution, if you could set that up.

Fred

Developer
Staff member
As a speedrun fanatic, I would love to see something like this. Anything that makes the game more speedrun friendly, I'm all for it!

Naturally though, features like this tend to have very low priority at the moment, with the game not being done and all. I wouldn't really know how much work it would be for Teddy to implement something like this, but I'm guessing a crude "/command" wouldn't be that huge of a workload. I'll ask him about it and then keep nagging until he breaks down and implements it!

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Seeding random values in C# is just adding one argument to constructor. Hacky solution would be to make /command that sets given seed to a variable, which is then used for generating floors. It's matter of few minutes to make it.

TheAngryPanda1

Green Slime
Really happy someone working on stuff in the game is interested in this sort of thing. I'm trying to come up with goals/rules for stuff at the moment with some friends of mine so we can start doing some Arcade speedrun stuff. I'll post something on the forums once we get it all figured out and maybe we can just have a day full of racing nonsense, even though it'll be randomized at the time.

Either way, thanks for the response Fred. Loving the game so far, you guys have created something awesome. <3

~Dana's speedrun friend