Front line multiplayer

Kitarin

Green Slime
My wife and I play multiplayer on SOG, we both have the front line version of the games (wife and my laptop windows 10 desktop windows 7) The two laptops can connect no problem. When I try to connect the desktop to the laptops the laptops open up the steam viewer to add friends. My desktop goes to an IP input screen. We cannot connect from the desktop to the laptop.

TLDR
Version .601a Front line
One computer has a different multiplayer connect screen (which is an ip connect)
Used hack for local co-op originally on desktop.
Cannot connect to anyone on multiplayer.

Any help would be great.

Kit
upload_2015-9-13_10-17-37.png

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
My wife and I play multiplayer on SOG, we both have the front line version of the games (wife and my laptop windows 10 desktop windows 7) The two laptops can connect no problem. When I try to connect the desktop to the laptops the laptops open up the steam viewer to add friends. My desktop goes to an IP input screen. We cannot connect from the desktop to the laptop.

TLDR
Version .601a Front line
One computer has a different multiplayer connect screen (which is an ip connect)
Used hack for local co-op originally on desktop.
Cannot connect to anyone on multiplayer.

Any help would be great.

Kit
View attachment 951
Try going into the Options menu on the main screen and change the Network Type to Steam and see if that helps. :)

Kitarin

Green Slime
It worked and allowed us to play, but she doesn't show up on my friends playing list, so we have to have her invite. (

TLDR
Cannot connect without invite/no friends show up on steam through game while looking for multiplayer, Original problem fixed

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
It worked and allowed us to play, but she doesn't show up on my friends playing list, so we have to have her invite. (

TLDR
Cannot connect without invite/no friends show up on steam through game while looking for multiplayer, Original problem fixed
Only reasons I can think of as to why she would not show up in the friends list would be if:
A) She is showing as Offline on Steam
B) She's not on your friends list
C) Steam is messing up and might need a restart (try restarting on both computers)
D) There is a bug