Frontline: Random Question

Did you get the Ancient Statue card before the mask?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Haven't got either

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
For the two characters I've got through Tai Ming with, one I got the card on my first statue I killed (and therefore before the mask), and the other I got the mask before the card. Therefore I refuse to vote on your poll because there isn't a "both" option.

Own

I believe that Teddy made it so all enemies in Tai Ming have reduced drop rates for all things, which will be increased to normal when Tai Ming is added to Standard instead of Frontline.

I requested this so people betatesting the new content would have more to do while they wait, and grind the monsters longer if they needed 100% ASAP. Helps in finding bugs more easily. :)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I really hope he didn't do that, but then again I've either neglected to see the evidence or I haven't had it presented to me. Are you assuming that, or was something said?

Card drop rates on what's commonly known as a buggier version often leads to the placebo effect of people thinking there is a bug when there isn't. I don't think there's been an unusual amount of posts about cards, especially with the amount we had during the Mt. Bloom patches.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I didn't remember Teddy saying he'd actually implement it.

...neither did I :naniva:

Thus, the current drop rates in Tai Ming are actually a genuine attempt at reasonable rates, and will probably be kept the way they are unless some issue with them is brought to (statistical) light!

(Well, technically I guess I might've remembered when setting the drop rates and then forgot I ever set them lower, but, as G-Meister said I don't feel we've seen more complaining than usual which should indicate they are about right)

Last edited:

Own

Thus, the current drop rates in Tai Ming are actually a genuine attempt at reasonable rates, and will probably be kept the way they are unless some issue with them is brought to (statistical) light!

Oh, weird. I was thinking it was taking me an absurd number of monkey kills to get their card, and the masks of the statue, like it was balanced in favor of frontline grinding. What is the monkey card rate?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I've had both of two extremes so far. The 1st ancient statue I killed got me a card, yet I've spent about 15% of my play time on the same character just grinding for a Worm card (totalling about 4 hours). Still don't even have it yet.

I'm still pretty sure most card drop rate posts are placebo. It's not like you get the same frequency of posts for the earlier areas of the game :p

[Edit]: Also, in relation to card dropping before mask, because the mask is an item, it's likely that it'll have a higher drop rate. I wouldn't say this poll is particularly good evidence for the card drop being low.

I should also really get around to that skewed drop rate formula :oops: