Game doesn't play.

Saruine

Green Slime
I double click the game, or click play game, or double click desktop icon and it says running on the steam library thing but the game never starts. No the game deaded or anything it just never starts. So I have to go into my task manager and end process and try again just to have the same thing happen. It use to work but now it refuses to start help!

Saruine

Green Slime
There are alot of badload files. I went in and deleted all the badload files then tried to start it up again. It still didnt work and re puts all those bad loads in. So then I went in and set it to previous stable [v0.610] And it starts and plays. I try to switch it back and it wont work again and re puts all those bad loads in. So what do I do now I really want to continue the story since we just got the new content!

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
There are alot of badload files. I went in and deleted all the badload files then tried to start it up again. It still didnt work and re puts all those bad loads in. So then I went in and set it to previous stable [v0.610] And it starts and plays. I try to switch it back and it wont work again and re puts all those bad loads in. So what do I do now?

What I think is happening is the game being able to detect a new form of save file corruption, but due to a blunder by me, if the attempted backup is suffering from the exact same corruption, the game enters an infinite loop of loading backups!

I have made an update to the Frontline version of the game which I hope will be able to help you. It usually takes a few minutes for the update to go live, so you might want to wait a little bit if you read this right away!

To switch to the beta build, go into the game's Steam properties, go to betas, and select Frontline from the drop down list! You might need to restart Steam to have it download properly.

What I hope the change will do is prevent the game from looping the backups (which might result in a character getting lost, but hopefully not)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
By the way, please report back in this thread if you get it to work (or not), so I know if I should hotfix the Stable release with this as well! :p

Saruine

Green Slime
I'll try it now and let you know. Thank you so much. ALso I gotta give you a big compliment on being an amazing developer and actually looking at, and responding to the issues your players are having you make the game so much more worth it to stick with.

Saruine

Green Slime
It worked! Your officially a genius!!! Not only is the game working perfect now, but it lets me play frontline without the game deaded box showing up. I could kiss you..... But I wont! Thank you again so much for fixing the issue your one of the top 10 game designers out there in my books! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D