[GAMEPLAY] Boar S rank time?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Been playing a bunch of arcade recently, and I never seem to be able to S rank a room with a boar in, despite the fact that I can kill them pretty quickly. Does it only have the base two seconds? Or five? My build isn't even that bad either, I can get all S's on the first two floor no problem :/

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The boar adds five seconds to par! It's debatable whether or not that is reasonable, but there you have it! I think that, like with the Hydras, the best bet is to focus on other enemies and seize the moment when they charge, perfect guarding them and unleashing fury without spending time 1 vs 1.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
That's basically exactly what I do... 5 seems reasonable as well, just counting it out in my head :/

I guess I'm just bad ^-^

Own

The boar adds five seconds to par!

How much does the Elite Boar add, out of curiousity? I'd say it's hands down the hardest enemy in the game. It's even harder than the majority of Arcade bosses. If you see one chances are you're taking a lot of damage, or you're dying. :D

Akira

Rabby
Actually I have the same problem. As soon as there's Boar in a room I have a hard time getting S rank. It's not impossible of course, yet IMO a bit too hard. Maybe add ~2 seconds?

Own

The trick to killing a boar in quick time is just to casually walk in front of it. It'll slam the air, pause, give you time to hit it and repeat. If you see it winding up for a charge, move out of the way and let it self-stun on trees.

Akira

Rabby
The trick to killing a boar in quick time is just to casually walk in front of it. It'll slam the air, pause, give you time to hit it and repeat. If you see it winding up for a charge, move out of the way and let it self-stun on trees.
Personally I know that ;)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
How much does the Elite Boar add, out of curiousity? I'd say it's hands down the hardest enemy in the game.
I'd second that... maybe a perfect guard on one of it's attacks gives it a short stun timer? On the same note, not sure a perfect guard on a boars attack does much at all... right?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
How much does the Elite Boar add, out of curiousity? I'd say it's hands down the hardest enemy in the game. It's even harder than the majority of Arcade bosses. If you see one chances are you're taking a lot of damage, or you're dying. :D

Maybe we should add an achievement for that... (too bad we've already got a boar hat for something else though!)

To answer your question, eliteness triples the par time of an enemy!

Own

Maybe we should add an achievement for that... (too bad we've already got a boar hat for something else though!)

Boar's face for S-Ranking Evergrind Woods.

Boar's butt for killing # Elite Boars / Killing one without taking damage.

Put some porkbutts on my face, @Vilya <3 (Not really, please god no)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Boar's face for S-Ranking Evergrind Woods.

Boar's butt for killing # Elite Boars / Killing one without taking damage.

Put some porkbutts on my face, @Vilya <3 (Not really, please god no)
I wouldn't mind a beanbag that looks like a Boar butt that I can put in my house. Or maybe a Boar head to put on the wall. :)