[Gameplay]Can walk on wall next to stairs in The Temple of Seasons.

Ryro

Green Slime
EF192CEBBC4A4EC5C8773F04FFEDB431E901BBF0

My friend and I are playing the Stable Beta on Steam. I don't know if this was fixed in the front line version since it seems like a pretty easy bug to find but I couldn't find another forum post about this glitch.

The picture basically says it all. All you have to do to recreate this glitch is this. Start at the top of the stairs, right on top of where my character is standing right now. Then walk down as if you're going down the stairs. It's too easy and I would find it hard to not have been found yet. I felt like posting it anyway because, the glitch actually does more then just let you stand on the wall.

47FD9B658525808688EB79D4878ADB362377FAF8

As you can see in the second picture, both me and my friend easily recreated the glitch and are now standing out of bounds outside the map. I also figured out "how" you can do this too. Basically, if you do the glitch and walk up on the wall, you can now walk off the wall at the bottom of the steps. However, you never touched the steps at all since you walk down the wall instead. This makes the game believe you are still on the second level of this map. If you have a hidden variable on your character that registers what level of the field you're standing on, this variable is never changed because you never used the steps that would change it once you got off them. If you walk down the wall instead of the steps, you can now walk all around the first level of this room, but the game still think you're on the the second level, which lets you walk "through" or on top of everything in the first level. The enemies, the season change orbs, or even the walls are all on the first level. Since your character is still on the second level, you do not collide with these objects and can walk right "through" or over them.

Now this is a glitch and should be patched out, but if u want to try something very cool, I found a way to perfectly abuse this glitch. Since your character is on the second level and cannot be touched by the enemies, you are immortal once you do this glitch. The game will not reset the level your character is standing on until you touch the stair to make the game recheck what level you're standing on. However, if you're on the second level, and the enemies are on the first level, you can't hit them? Correct, but if you have a targeting spell or skill, you can move the target courser onto the stair. That's right, the targeting courser has a hidden "level" variable attached to it as well. Once you targeting touches the stair, it'll reset it's level, and you can move it down the stair properly, aim at your opponent, and fire. Basically consider your targeting courser as if it needs to go back to the stair and go down them before you can hit the guys on the first level.

Really fun glitch. I only tried it in this room but it worked every single time we went to do it. It lets you kill everything in the room without the possibility of ever getting hit as long as you have a targeting skill. Made farming these guys for the frost shield very easy.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Wow, brilliant! I love when people take glitches further than what's on the surface, leads to some amusing exploits! On a further note, this hasn't been patched on the frontline yet!

It's amusing bringing an enemy up to the same space and trying to get them to do it, watching them glitch back and forth. The likelihood is this is just an oversight for this area, but there's probably more places to get out of bound waiting to be discovered. I think there's even a whole thread devoted to compiling out-of-bounds glitches like this somewhere on the forum :p