[Gameplay] Can't do anything after starting up the game except move around.

100volts

Green Slime
So I came back to this game after a year or so of not playing hoping to try out some of the new content. Sadly, when I tried to load my character everything moved very slowly and I couldn't open any menus, use skills, or talk to npc's; only move around at a very sluggish pace. After this I tried starting a new character to see if I had the same problem and the same thing happened. Then I tried searching the internet for a fix but couldn't find any information on the bug. Then I tried verifying integrity of game cache but it turned out all of my files were fine. I even tried going back to previous versions of the game but same problem no matter what I try. I really don't have the slightest idea what the problem could be since when I played this game about a year ago I never had a problem and made it past the temple of seasons without any issues. If anybody has ideas some help would be much appreciated.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I've heard this happen a couple of times before, and those times restarting the computer helped! I assume some other process was interfering with the game somehow, making it run slow.

Try it out and see if it works for you, too!

100volts

Green Slime
Oh really? That's strange. Well hopefully that'll work for me too. If I make no further posts then that solved my problem. Thanks for the reply either way though.