[Gameplay] Gender selection defaults to male after creating a character

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by PurpsJL, Jan 3, 2021.

1. PurpsJL

PurpsJL Green Slime

I am currently playing on the Frontline Beta but this is something I noticed and tested by making a new character. When you create a character regardless of what gender you pick it defaults to male. I only have male haircuts available and I'm referred to as a boy by NPCs.

Now, while I know this can be fixed, I am also looking for a solution to change the genders of the characters effected so I can turn my female characters to their correct genders. Maybe adding in a console command such as '/gender male' and '/gender female'.

I took some quick screenshots and circled the dialogue and other things that point out that my gender isn't female.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      150.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      364.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      348.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      516 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      390 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      360.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      413.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      585.6 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      545.6 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      378.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Teddy

Teddy Developer Staff Member

Huh! Thanks for the report!

You should be able to already switch gender by an admittedly hidden command, which is "/gender"!

3. PurpsJL

PurpsJL Green Slime

That command worked, with the NPCs calling me female now, but I doesn't seem to affect the hairstylist. At least it doesn't show the same hairstyles that you can pick from when you start a female character.

4. Teddy

Teddy Developer Staff Member

Hmm... does the haircut problem persist even after restarting the game? It might be that the haircuts are already loaded, so typing /gender doesn't refresh the list, but restarting the game does!

5. PurpsJL

PurpsJL Green Slime

Yeah, restarting worked. It was a long session that I played that day and I never realized I hadn't restarted the game.