[Gameplay] Incapable of teleporting in Arcade Gundam.

Own

I'm P2. Simply put, I can't teleport, same as if I were in Story Mode and didn't have the upgrade. I couldn't even attack while on top of the arrows.

The only thing out of the ordinary was the fact that I perfect guarded the left hand when it flew at me, causing it to recoil upwards. Might that have made me unable to teleport?

Also, what benefit does perfect guarding the hands have? If, when you PG the hand, it flies up and out of reach to hit it why PG at all? Seems counterproductive.

upload_2015-6-7_7-2-8.png

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Was it like that for the whole fight?

And yes, every time I perfect guard one of the hands I think to myself "we should totally make this not useless"!

I've been meaning to pester Fred about getting some spasmic "slightly open" animation for the hand, and have it just bounce back to starting position and sit there shaking for a prolonged period before closing and returning to normal. We've both been pretty bogged down since forever though, so I never get around to it :D

Own

Yep, the entire fight. Hands went up, I watched my buddies pound the head, hands came down, beat the hands back up, still couldn't teleport.

Personally, I think it would be pretty cool if perfect guarding it made the hand fly back and smack into the Gundam's head, dealing some direct damage to it. :) Making Gundam suckerpunch itself seems hilarious. Would probably require no extra animation, too.

Edit: But maybe that's because I owned this toy as a kid and loved watched the robot's head pop up whenever he took a punch to the jaw... :D

rock-em-sock-em.jpg

Own

I decided to go into Story Mode Hall of Memories and try to Perfect Guard his hands out of curiousity. And, uh, I think I might know what happened?

When I PG his hands in Story Mode, they fly up to his shoulder. The one I PG'd in Arcade flew WELL past his shoulder, like to the point of slamming into where the monitor was. I only PG'd the left hand, though. Did being P2 in co-op have anything to do with it? Latency? Or just a bug in arcade?

It might actually be in Story Mode as well, I've never actually PG'd the hands as P2-4.