[GAMEPLAY] Lantern Jack shoots through trees

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Although this may not be a bug, but in this particular instance, a lantern jack hit me through the trees. Rather annoying if you ask me, but then again, this is possibly the only place in which the projectiles are actually damaging while going through terrain. I mean, even if he is allowed to do that, at least let me earth spike or meteor him through the trees as well >_<

jack shit.png

Akira

Rabby
Also happens with the Frostlings' snowballs, so maybe other enemies with ranged attacks too.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Sorry for the bump, but I've figured out what it is - it works exactly the same for all projectiles, including perfect-guarded reflected ones. Basically, when a projectile is fired, it takes the game half a second to realise the projectiles exist, and therefore it takes half a second or so to apply collision detection.

The reason this works with reflected projectiles too is because (I think) the game creates a new projectile, rather than changing the direction of the current one. I have concluded this from the fact that a reflected projectile will last for the same amount of time after it has been reflected that a non-reflected projectile would. Furthermore, if a reflected Wisp projectile has no enemies to home onto, it disappears when perfect guarded. Although I think reflected Wisp projectiles keep their tracking timer, eg. if the projectile is no longer tracking the player when reflected, it won't track the Wisp that shot it again.

Either way, any newly spawned/reflected projectiles can travel through walls for a brief moment because the game can't keep up with them.