[Gameplay] Main quest not started properly (New char multiplayer)

Sapience

Green Slime
So I started a new character in multiplayer and it bypasses the first main quest that you do. It was two of us and we started in Evergrind. Everything seemed to go okay and we made it past the first temple, but we cannot initiate the second temple quest. We are unable to give the artifact to the protagonist's father even though Quinton the NPC says to give the artifact to 'your father working in the lab,' the father doesn't actually initiate anything except some placeholder dialogue that he will repeat ("The doors were open? My that's great news! If you think you can handle it, the Collector's Code says you have dibs on its exploration. You were the first to enter after all").

So I am unable to get into the second temple at this point which sucks.

Also I have another issue but it may not be a bug at all. Since I started this character in multiplayer and bypassed the first quest I didn't get to have the green slime card given to me. I tried farming for it (literally 1 shotting green slimes every 1 second) for a bout 3 hours and didn't get a drop. This may be working as intended, but I can't help but worry that somehow it will never drop (because I was supposed to be given it).

Anyways I would appreciate some feedback because my character I've spend hours farming cards and equipment for is now stuck and cannot progress.

Cheers.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
So I started a new character in multiplayer and it bypasses the first main quest that you do. It was two of us and we started in Evergrind. Everything seemed to go okay and we made it past the first temple, but we cannot initiate the second temple quest. We are unable to give the artifact to the protagonist's father even though Quinton the NPC says to give the artifact to 'your father working in the lab,' the father doesn't actually initiate anything except some placeholder dialogue that he will repeat ("The doors were open? My that's great news! If you think you can handle it, the Collector's Code says you have dibs on its exploration. You were the first to enter after all").

So I am unable to get into the second temple at this point which sucks.

Also I have another issue but it may not be a bug at all. Since I started this character in multiplayer and bypassed the first quest I didn't get to have the green slime card given to me. I tried farming for it (literally 1 shotting green slimes every 1 second) for a bout 3 hours and didn't get a drop. This may be working as intended, but I can't help but worry that somehow it will never drop (because I was supposed to be given it).

Anyways I would appreciate some feedback because my character I've spend hours farming cards and equipment for is now stuck and cannot progress.

Cheers.
The green slime card won't drop. Everyone in the multiplayer session should be given the card when they beat the Giga Slime in the Exam. You've indeed encountered some strange bugs there. :)

Sapience

Green Slime
The green slime card won't drop. Everyone in the multiplayer session should be given the card when they beat the Giga Slime in the Exam. You've indeed encountered some strange bugs there. :)
Thanks for the reply. I guess this character is a wash. It was the first time I played multiplayer and I just assumed that this was business as usual. We both started brand new characters and we both were spawned in Evergrind. We could not do the arena quest so I just figured that was just the state of things in beta. A few strange things to note: the elder rabbit quest had all the carrots on the tree stump already and a few select treasure chests were already opened even though we never opened them. It was very odd and I attributed everything to the fact we were player multiplayer.

Also this was on the stable release in case that is interesting to you.

I will say one other thing though I'm not sure if it's going to be related. Right before I started my new character the game had crashed while I was setting up my multiplayer session. In the process of the crash (I don't recall the exact error but it was graphic related according to the error) my character was deleted. I remade a new character and I may have used the same name. Everything was at level zero but of course I encountered a lot of oddities as I have described.

In any case it seems this character is a complete wash which is too bad. Thanks again for the feedback.