[Gameplay] No quest continuity between multiplayer and singleplayer

I played through practically the whole game with a friend of mine but when I go to single player I am still on the first quest. I have all my items except for my shield (since you get it during the first quest) and the two talent points that you get from questing. This is annoying because I'd like to do quests and events in multiplayer with my friends and still be able to farm mats, items, and cards in single player, it's pretty inconvenient.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
That's propably because your friend hosted that multiplayer session.
If you want the same story progress, you can ask your friend to send you their world save and you can replace yours.
The game has 2 saves: a character and a world save.
So you can keep your character and just change the story progression.
You can find it at
C:\Users\~Your username~\AppData\Roaming\secrets of grindea\worlds
you can access the "Roaming" folder by seaching for %appdata% Unbenannt.PNG

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
We're going to add a way to speed through completed content at some point, so when you start a quest (be it a main quest or side quest), you're prompted if you want to skip it if you've already completed it in a multiplayer session.

The concept behind the system isn't 100 % figured out, so I can't say exactly how it will look or work, but I reckon if a character has only played multiplayer we might add some kind of popup (in character select) asking if the player wants to autoskip to that world state.

Cool. I think the best way to implement it would be to save the world state in multiplayer as a separate file like #.multi. When you start a single player session the game checks if #.multi exists and if it does prompts the user asking them if they would like to use their single player world or replace their single player world with the multiplayer world they were playing on, both actions would remove the #.multi file so it doesn't prompt you again unless you end up joining another multiplayer session.