[Gameplay] Phase Plate Bug (One Year Anniversary Edition)

`Dev

Green Slime
When playing multiplayer with a friend on stable beta we found a bug that occurs when a phase plate is used to enter a teleportal.

Upon entering the new map after teleporting, the phase shifted player is pushed diagonally up and to the left and are unable to move, open the menu, attack, use skills or do anything apart from type. There is also a weird star effect on screen that doesn't seem to do anything.

I have posted a video of this:

We tested this a few times, it occurred every time we tried in multiplayer. It does not seem to occur in singleplayer.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I tried that on singleplayer and got different results on different teleport locations
it's heavily reliant on position of the portal and if you can press a the moment you teleport, or just button mash fast enough^^
Flying Fortress:
Pillar Mountains:
Pumpkin Woods:
Evergrind City:

AND Pumpkin Woods with dying and respawning also singleplayer frontline

Last edited:

Own

This is an example of a bug that should never be fixed because it could only ever be activated intentionally. Just like those strange, obscure bugs people still find to this day in SNES games.

`Dev

Green Slime
I tried that on singleplayer and got different results on different teleport locations
it's heavily reliant on position of the portal and if you can press a the moment you teleport, or just button mash fast enough^^
Flying Fortress:
Pillar Mountains:
Pumpkin Woods:
Evergrind City:

AND Pumpkin Woods with dying and respawning also singleplayer frontline
Nice finding that! I didn't try putting the portals on the phase plates..

If a portal is opened in singleplayer not on a phase plate (like how I did it in multiplayer) the character just goes straight through it and nothing happens.

Daimen

Green Slime
Hey guys, I recently found a bug with a bunch of my friends in the Flying Fortress puzzle room using the mirrors. So one of my friends was stuck on the farther end of the puzzle and I had pushed the mirror wrong so he couldn't teleport out of it. However, I found out for a split second he was able to go into the portal. So instead of having him rejoining, we I stood in the portal and he flew in to the portal using the teleporter block. When we came out of the little loading screen after using the portal we found something rather odd happening to one of my friends. He was stuck and only stopped when he rejoined. Looks harmless kind of, but just putting this out there.

P.S. Sorry if this has already been found. (I liked how my friend turned into a star)
^6A317847D16465B62D752AA8EA4A9517CDBA97B8A124D99574^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
This has been found and I think it's fixed in the latest version of the game. I'm guessing you're playing on the Stable Version that hasn't gotten an update in quite some time now. Once you've completed everything in the stable version I suggest you have a look over here: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...tch-between-stable-and-frontline-and-why.127/

Playing on the Frontline Version is so much more fun with all the new Talents, quests and areas that aren't in the Stable Version. :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Last edited: