[Gameplay]Phaseman's flamethrower-esque skill

Hobo

Rabby
[SUGGESTION] This turned into a suggestion rather than a bug, please move this please and edit the title if possible~

Instead of moving back from him when he uses it, so there is visible gaps between the balls so you can dodge it, you can simply run straight up to him and stand with the crystal in your chest and they all pass straight through you.

I'm playing frontline 0.57a, I wouldn't exactly call this a bug but it doesn't seem right to be able to bypass one of his big attacks by simply standing next to him, infact all his skills can be avoided by standing by him, I think what i'm asking for is some kind of close range skill maybe like a small AoE of damage for whenever you're near him, I just don't think you should be able to avoid all his skills by sitting on him and spamming DPS. I know nothing is stopping me from not using this strategy but I think the fight could be more challenging and a whole lot funner all round if if it were so and took some skill to have to actually avoid his energy projectiles.

Last edited:

ark626

I also think he should do the teleporting thing more often and more random because he just switches between 4 or 5 positions

Nevius

Green Slime
I agree, Phaseman seems a bit of a pushover currently once you have figured that out. Especially for how late you meet him.

Deudeu

Green Slime
But isn't he supposed to be the 1st "mini boss" of the 1st dungeon ? I can see why he isn't that good ^^"

Hobo

Rabby
Ja, but his attacks themselves are not very strong and almost all damage can be negated with shield, killing the first time took me maybe 10 seconds because I just ran straight at him, I know the lore says he was no very strong but I do think he is too weak when I have more problems with the Pecko outside.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I'm not saying there is a post about Phaseman being to easy to beat but, there is a post about Phaseman being to easy to beat. :p

Hobo

Rabby
Yes and ark bumped it after posting here to subtly tell me that :) but thank you, that was why we had let this thread die I thought~it's just a bit redundant.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Ah, I just came back to the forum after spending a week with studies so I'm not quite up to date with what you guys have been doing. I'll let this thread die out now...