[Gameplay] Stuck in Phase Shift during Gund4m Fight

Blitznae

Green Slime
I don't believe this has been reported before but I apologize if it has been before.

I was playing Multiplayer (Stable Beta) with 2 other friends and during the boss fight with the robot, also known as Gund4m, one of them tried Phase Shifting on top of the Gund4m just before he was about to recover and it caused him to stay as a Phase Shift ball for the rest of the boss fight like so.

8mu3v.jpg

In the end when we beat the boss and he did come back to life but once we returned back to town, he was unable to enter any of the buildings and had to leave and reenter the server so nothing too major.

That's really the only bug we had while playing, keep up the good work, loving this game so far like I knew I would when I started following this game through devblog early on :p

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, if it has, apologies I must have passed it while checking the forums.
I can't provide a screenshot, being as I completely forgot to and realized I didn't after I closed the game. I apologize.
It occurred during when I phase shifted up to his head, I teleported upwards, but my character completely disappeared, though the battle was still going on as if I was there. I took no damage, and I couldn't do anything, I don't think I was able to bring up the menu either. I fixed it by closing out of the game completely.
Is this a known bug yet, or has anyone else experienced it?

I also apologize for not listing Stable or Frontline. I didn't want to pick one if it's present in both. ;u;

Last edited:

Yari

Boar
This just happened to me in Floor 8, Frontline version.

When I phase shifted toward his head, my phase just kept going instead of stopping at the marker.

I had 1 more hit to go before beating him too. I was denied of my victory.

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
This just happened to me in Floor 8, Frontline version.

When I phase shifted toward his head, my phase just kept going instead of stopping at the marker.

I had 1 more hit to go before beating him too. I was denied of my victory.

I had one more hit myself, oddly.
Could it be a last hit thing during the first run of the battle, or just coincidence? ;u;
That's exactly what mine did though, I phase shifted to his head and I just kept going and disappeared completely.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who experienced this, well not glad, but, let me shush before I end up making a fool of myself. Aha.

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
Oh dear! Mean bug for sure. I'll have a look!

Awesome. Thank you. I didn't know if anyone has mentioned it before, or it was just something with my game. So I thought I'd give it a mention anyhow, seeing if others had experienced it as well.

Yari

Boar
Update.

I tried to do another arcade run.
The first time I was able to phase shift to him, I noticed my phase curved at the beginning, missing the landing point and kept heading up.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Update.

I tried to do another arcade run.
The first time I was able to phase shift to him, I noticed my phase curved at the beginning, missing the landing point and kept heading up.

Excellent observation! This helped me solve the bug. The curve was caused by the player momentum not being reset upon using the plate. If, for example, you'd stop running (causing the short slide animation) and at that exact moment use a plate, the "slide" would still happen even though the player was in light form causing the ball to curve.

There might be a few other cases where this could happen, like if using a gamepad and swinging a 2h-sword and then phase shift just as the character steps forward.

In any case, I've made it so that any momentum is reset upon entering phase shift. It'll be patched in the next update!

ark626

No problem and in the future you can simply use the Buglist i made.
Its somehow more overviewable than searching trough all the subforum.

Yari

Boar
Merged the threads cause they describe the same issue

Well, I had both problems done to me. They're not really the same.

One happened to me just as Gun-d4m was defeated in multiplayer (making my phase form stay on screen) and the other was because I slid (making my phase shift curve, missing the marker and kept going off screen).