[Gameplay] Stuck on objective in A Frozen Fairytale

Andranik

Green Slime
My friend and I seem to be stuck on the "Go to Santa Fae" objective of A Frozen Fairytale. We cleared the Temple of Seasons and retrieved the gauntlet, but can't turn it in. I had entered Santa Fae alone to activate the quick travel plate. I closed the game during the cut scene because I had hoped to watch it with my friend. Now it seems we are stuck in the quest and can't progress.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
My friend and I seem to be stuck on the "Go to Santa Fae" objective of A Frozen Fairytale. We cleared the Temple of Seasons and retrieved the gauntlet, but can't turn it in. I had entered Santa Fae alone to activate the quick travel plate. I closed the game during the cut scene because I had hoped to watch it with my friend. Now it seems we are stuck in the quest and can't progress.

Oh, that was a tricky one. What happens is that there was some progress logic accidentally placed at the start of the cutscene, and some at the end. Basically, at the start the game said "this cutscene has now been watched", but at the end was where the quest progressed! So when you quit the game in the middle of the cutscene, the game saved that you already watched the cutscene but your quest had not progressed.

Of course, all such logic should be placed at the same place, at the end of the cutscene. My bad :(

You may be able to save some playing time (and keeping all character progress) by restoring a backup of the world save! Here's how to restore backups:

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last, and see if you can find a .wld file that was saved before you entered Santa Fae for the first time!

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the “Worlds” folder. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.

Note: if the save files don't seem to be replaced when doing this, it might be Steam Cloud messing with you! To prevent this, you can start the game up and sit in the main menu while copying files around to prevent Steam Cloud from activating.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting this most dastardly of bugs!

Andranik

Green Slime
That seems to have done the trick! Thank you very much for your help. My friend and I are absolutely loving the game and can't wait for the next portion of the story to be released!