[Gameplay] Swapping Pets and not their Tastebuds

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Apparently switching a pet in the field, allows other pets to be fed the same pet food.

EX : Having the Jumpkin, then switching to Slime or Rabby allows me to feed them all the foods that the Jumpkin prefers...like dead fish for +damage%

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I might be wrong here but they (at least used to) not have prefered food. And the dead fish isn't boosting damage, it's mana. :p

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Replicate what I did in the example. I know for sure Rabby's eat eel's for +damage%, not dead fish.
I had Jumpkin selected after catching. Then I switched to Rabby later on (not from farm but the quick Pet Swap option in Pet Menu)

Aurophobia

Halloweed
I can feed all mine Frankenstein Fish, Pumpkin Meat & Seeds, Vampire Fish, etc. for +damage%

So there is something in the works here.

GarlicJelly

Do you have any eels on you? If not then they won't appear in the window. :D

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Ah that could be why then I suppose. The setup just confused me initially then.
I never had these items until after I got the Jumpkin, and I only saw the eel for the Rabby, and there we no black silhouettes in place of these items at the time. Almost seems misleading.

GarlicJelly

I agree, there could be images of the food stuff you have at least once had (not spoiling all the food you can feed your pet with) showing with a little number how many you have (also showing zero). That way you would always know what food you want to farm, how many you have of it and if you have any.

Edit: Like this SoG Pet Feeding Improvement.png
And yes, I am a master at Paint.

Last edited: