[Gameplay] System Crashed, Game Restarted

Kansai Lai

Green Slime
I just want this known...I had the game up, but was checking something online when my laptop crashed unexpectedl. I had just gotten out of the Pumpkin Woods when it happened. I turn the game back on and first noticed my percentage was a little lower than when I started it...

IT PUT ME BACK AT THE START OF THE GAME. AS IN, THE GAME THINKS I JUST STARTED MY QUEST.

But here's where it gets really interesting. I have all my stuff, all my stats to where they were before the crash. The only things missing are my weapons since I need to collect those to exit the first village, and acknowledgements of the quests I'd completed.

I'm not even angry, I'm laughing too hard at how weird this is XD

Attachments

• Restart 2.png
    Restart 2.png
    738.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Restart 3.png
    Restart 3.png
    852.3 KB · Views: 2

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Ah, the good old world murder bug :(

For science, what save slot did this happen to?

If you don't want to redo everything, you can probably find a somewhat recent world backup using the backup system:

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the “Worlds” folder. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.

Kansai Lai

Green Slime
This happened in Save Slot 1. And I decided to run through with all this for shits and giggles. And I found that once I left Startington with the initial sword and shield, the rest of my collected weapons were back. The game had them locked away, I guess.
But I'll keep that restore in mind should this happen again =)