[Gameplay] Unable to Change Network Type

Ulric

Green Slime
In my Options menu, the only option I have for the network type is IP. I am also unable to open the Steam Overlay and I feel these two things may be connected.

I have not changed the game's launch options and have checked to make sure the field for it in Steam is blank. This is on a fresh (First) install. I have no mods or anything that should change the game. I'm on Stable Beta v0.650a. I am using Windows 7.

I've been trying to play co-op via LAN with my fiance and after looking at her options, I realized she is able to change her network to Steam. I am unable to join a game that she is hosting. She has tried inviting me and I have tried joining from my Steam friends list and the game just crashes before it can even reach the menu screen.

I'm not quite sure what other steps to take.

I am able to join after changing her network to IP as well, though that doesn't solve my inability to use Steam's features and I'm not sure how much, if any of this may be connected.

Edit

I looked through the Steam forums for the game and found a fix for this. If anyone stumbles on this before that one in the future, the way to fix this was to restart Steam. Make sure you're not in offline mode. If that still doesn't work, you may also need to restart your computer.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/269770/discussions/0/530649887198404209/

Last edited: