[GAMEPLAY/VISUAL] Flying Fortress Hyperspeed Staircase

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I won't beat around the bush, straight to the point:

With the staircase as shown in the video and screenshot, when going up holding both up and right (W and D if using WASD) you seem to zoom up the staircase at an insane speed, and it also seems to work going back down again, holding left and down (A and S) while wall-hugging.

The first half second of the footage has been sped up dramatically for some unknown reason, most likely a glitch with my recording software, as shown by the extremely energetic Jumpkin. However this part includes no relevant footage, just ignore it :D

I have a feeling this may be to do with the fact that the player seems to be shifted diagonally upwards if viewed from a 2D plane when moving both to the right, and upwards separately, but when you press both buttons, the two motions combine to produce a hyperspeed dash... maybe?

Seems to work in both frontline and stable versions

I'll shutup now, have some evidence:

done.png

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Speed running strats. ✔

Edit: Pretty much only works on that staircase because it's one of the two staircases that is pointing in the west/east direction. All other stairs point north/south so it doesn't work on them. :(

Last edited: