[Gameplay/Visual] Handing in Candy's Quest with/without required items

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The way Candy's quest works like so:
  1. The game checks if you have the required items to turn in the quest when you reload the area (by teleporting away or switching map screens, but not just walking through her doorway)
  2. If you do, she'll have a blue exclamation mark (!) above her head
  3. If you don't, she'll say "How's it going, sugar? I need Pumpkin Meat, Honey and Ectoplasm!" Alternatively, if you're missing a Pumpkin Meat and pick one up from one of the Jumpkins outside, she will still say this line, even though you have the required items.
  4. When you talk to her, the game checks if you have the required items once again
  5. Regardless of this, she will say "Ah, yes, that's it. You're a life saver." and whatever line she says after that.
  6. If you do, the quest will hand in (as the item list in the top left will disappear) and you get your talent orb after the text box closes. The items are then removed from your inventory
  7. If you don't have the required items, the quest will not hand in (the item list in the top right will stay there,) you won't get your reward when the text box closes and the items are not removed from your inventory
Most people hand it in with the items and carry on their merry way. Here's the next sequence of events if you carry out step 7:
  1. The outcome of not having all the items. I've dropped a Pumpkin meat in the corner:Candy!.png
  2. You can then pick the item up, or not pick it up, and she will always say this line, until you leave the area again:Candy.png
  3. If you reload the area without all the items, she'll repeat the line above.
  4. If you reload the area with all the items, she'll blank you when you try to talk to her:blanked.png
  5. You have to reload the entire game to be able to hand in the quest with all the required items again
If you want to know why I was testing this, I'm trying to find a way to get a negative stack of items. So far Teddy wins >.<

Oddly, with Anita's Turkey quest, it works fine, apart from she blanks you completely if you don't have the required items, which seems a little odd to me.

To fix this, either make it work like Anita's Quest or make the exclamation mark work with the ticks on the boxes!