Garglius the Explorer [Spoilers]

Garglius

Master Collector
playing around with the code, you can't get to these locations with the current build unless you modify the code

You could actually glitch your way over up until a few patches ago without any use of memory editing! I assume you marked the teleportation pad in Santa Fae as activated to get there? Or entered some kind of noclip mode to get across the gap?

Last edited:

Own

You know, I get the feeling a lot of this stuff is the sort of stuff they would like to show off in weekly dev updates. Going through the game's code and spoiling it all publicly (as opposed to on a private forum for testers) well in advance of the update seems... wrong? I'm sure if they wanted people to see this, they would have posted it already or made the area accessable in some way.

Or maybe I'm wrong and the game is our oyster, to try scrounge through every asset we can find. =P I did open up a few files with Notepad and saw names / descriptions of items not currently in game yet a long while back, I just didn't post them.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
As long as the spoiler tags are used when posting things to the forums, I see no problems with using the game however you please. Tricking people into spoiling themselves would be another story!

Some people never play games without using cheats, and some like to dig around in the code (which is one of the reasons I never obfuscate my code). To me it's not so important how people use our game as long as they're enjoying themselves! As long as they don't ruin the fun for others, of course.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
You know, I get the feeling a lot of this stuff is the sort of stuff they would like to show off in weekly dev updates.
We already have, anyway!

Post 65
Post 68
Post 74

There are some more posts as well, with screens of things Garglius haven't shown yet. We tend to post major things like these on the devblog as soon as they're done/semi-done anyway. Keeping things transparent and all that :)

Salazni

Green Slime
question: highlight to see properly

is the ice slippery or does it act as normal ground? if its slippery i guess we have have an like and old school zelda puzzle