Garglius the Explorer Strikes Again [Spoilers]

Garglius

Master Collector
Many thanks to my friend Sifl for his coding expertise, this took a bit more work than my previous adventures.

I present to you:

Mount Bloom!

Because the original music in my video was not owned by the SoG team, I covered up the sound with free to use music that Youtube makes available to its users. Enjoy =)

Last edited:

Sifl

Green Slime
It should be noted that these set of maps are obviously very incomplete.
It'd be best to not judge the content of the video, as these maps are likely to completely change by the time it is available in game.

Garglius

Master Collector
It should be noted that these set of maps are obviously very incomplete.
It'd be best to not judge the content of the video, as these maps are likely to completely change by the time it is available in game.

This. We play around, but there's obviously very little content to be seen at the moment.

Since the snow area is said to be next, we can expect this to take some time to take form, but it is still ingame, and I wanted to share

Momizi

Rabby
lmao i love the map drawing

oh god that music is going to drive people insane xD

also acording to the bag ingame, mt bloom is going to be the 3rd "temple" in the game
maybe its on top of it idk lol

none of these guys it seems
Crystal.gif

Last edited:

Pok

Rabby
Leaving that cartoony-drawing as some sort of dreamworld (with similar styled enemies) would be great!

Also, that music is so mini-game.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
It should be noted that it's not our music, but a song from another game which we used for our own amusement while working on and in-house testing certain mini-games (it was therefore never part of any official release, nor will it be - we don't own it).

Guess we should have removed it from the code already. :p

Edit: It's been removed now, so you won't be able to dig it out in the future.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Haha, well done again! I temporarily removed the embedding and sent you a message, though, since it doesn't feel good to have footage of the game with someone else's music.

Sifl

Green Slime
Hey teddy, since I'm the one digging up these discoveries for Garglius to share, I would like to confirm your stance on this.
If ever you feel uneasy with the things we are sharing, by all means let me know and we will cease doing so.
Feel free to let me know in private if there is anything you would want us to avoid from sharing. I feel a bit bad about the situation with the video, and feel like it could of been avoided.

Own

This is really making me hope that future stuff isn't put into the game until it's ready to be added as actual content. Seeing people rip the game apart and expose tons of future content publicly is a bit disappointing.

Pok

Rabby
This is really making me hope that future stuff isn't put into the game until it's ready to be added as actual content. Seeing people rip the game apart and expose tons of future content publicly is a bit disappointing.

I liked it...

Sifl

Green Slime
Really it's a matter of preference. A lot of people rather keep it a secret until they discover it themselves, and a lot of people enjoy to see what's going on behind the scenes. If you don't like it, just don't look at it. : P
There's a reason why we specify they are spoilers.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member

When we put stuff into the game before it's finished, it's always due to production reasons. This cave system was to try out distances and nail a layout so that Vilya could go about adding set pieces and details. Also for production reasons, we don't want to take them out after we've tested them, since no regular user can access them either way!

Since the posts are heavily spoiler tagged (which they should be), it's pretty easily avoidable if you don't want to ruin the fun for yourself.

Hey teddy, since I'm the one digging up these discoveries for Garglius to share, I would like to confirm your stance on this.
If ever you feel uneasy with the things we are sharing, by all means let me know and we will cease doing so.
Feel free to let me know in private if there is anything you would want us to avoid from sharing. I feel a bit bad about the situation with the video, and feel like it could of been avoided.

As long as you coat it in spoiler tags, like this thread (Title + spoiler area in post itself), it really doesn't bother me (nor the other two in the team).

Momizi

Rabby
almost everything they showed so far has already been shown on the dev blog, so i dont mind
none of the stuff they shown so far has been new to me lol
they also forgot to talk about
the fish from a pond that isnt in the game yet but gessing from the fish its proply the ocean

you should also propley drop out that update that has the music as soon as posable if your worryed, but the chances that the owners of the song see it before its removed is very very very low lol

Last edited:

hadig5

Rabby
No one ever forces u to check the spoilers, i guess if ur smart enough to "rip" the game, u could as well upload it for whoever is interested, I dont think it will affect anything to actually get to see some content of the future.

Own

No one ever forces u to check the spoilers

No, but once methods to access content not yet intended to be accessed are made known, that tends to get spread around in short order. I remember when Terraria was still in early development, people were cracking open the game and playing around with / posting about all the not-fully-implimented bits in many Terraria discussion topics around the internet. It's a little bit annoying when you go to a forum's topic about a game and people are talking about all the cool stuff they found well before it's normally accessable - unless you want to crack it open too. :p

I haven't looked at the screenshots or videos here, and I'm hoping they don't spread to places I can stumble across them. :) With any luck they'll stay here.

Momizi

Rabby
No, but once methods to access content not yet intended to be accessed are made known, that tends to get spread around in short order. I remember when Terraria was still in early development, people were cracking open the game and playing around with / posting about all the not-fully-implimented bits in many Terraria discussion topics around the internet. It's a little bit annoying when you go to a forum's topic about a game and people are talking about all the cool stuff they found well before it's normally accessable - unless you want to crack it open too. :p

I haven't looked at the screenshots or videos here, and I'm hoping they don't spread to places I can stumble across them. :) With any luck they'll stay here.

they shouldnt, if not they will mostliky be removed

even tho most of it is on the dev blog

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I re-enabled the embedded video again, since it now features some funky country karaoke instead!