Getting the most out of your Secrets of Grindea purchase.

Own

The following may contain some spoilers, but if you're wondering what you can do to extend your playtime in the current build state for the $15 you put down, here's some suggestions.

Story Mode

- Complete the game on Normal Difficulty.
- Complete the game on Hard Difficulty, where monsters gain new attacks and become stronger.
- Complete either of the above with 1-3 extra buddies in multiplayer, for maximum carnage!
- Complete all sidequests available in Startington, Evergrind, West Evergrind and Pumpkin Woods.
- Recruit all 3 different types of Pets, and level one up to enhance your stats.
- Buy all treasure maps from Simon, view them under your Journal Menu and hunt down the treasures.
- Earn an S Rank under both challenges at the Arena to unlock powerful items.
- Score 10,000 points at the Archery Challenge.
- Craft one of every item available at each crafting NPC in Evergrind.
- Under the Journal Menu, fill in every blank slate next to a monster by acquiring all their rare item drops.
- Also under the Journal Menu, acquire every enemy card. Each card has unique, cute art!
- Also under the Journal Menu, complete all achievements. Most of these involve fishing and crafting and award unique items!

Arcade Mode

- Gather enough essence to unlock all 3 perk slots, filling them in with the perks you most like along the way.
- Acquire enough score over enough runs to expand your village and acquire vanity items to be used in Story or Arcade mode.
- Complete each NPC's sidequest, of which there are many.
- Complete all Arcade Achievements for bonus essence.
- Beat floor 8, and then have a leap of faith!
- Do it again with 1-3 buddies in multiplayer, for maximum carnage!

Anything I missed?

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
You pretty much nailed it. :D All I can add is catching all the fishes, solving all the spread out puzzles and maybe try to speedrun story mode on both normal and hard.

Edit: Maybe you should change the archery part to: Try to score 13125 (which is the highest score I've seen so far with a 15 combo and 2 bees)

Own

The things I listed were things that offered in-game content. :p Scoring 10,000 awards a bow upgrade, and fishing qualifies under Story Mode Achievements. Self-imposed challenges are fun, though!

GarlicJelly

Hmm, well, I guess you have everything then. Unless you want to add some self-imposed challanges (I've got some) then you have everything.

Graylen

Green Slime
Great list! I'm wondering though, how many things are there to unlock in arcade mode, do we have it all when we finish the available floors, or it it tied to score / quests only?

GarlicJelly

As you beat the quests you get awarded with things for both Arcade and Story mode. I think you'll beat all the quests before you beat all the floors. :p

Own

When your next reward in Arcade Mode is an Essence for 9 billion points, you've reached the end of the rewards. You can still try for high scores, though!

Graylen

Green Slime
When your next reward in Arcade Mode is an Essence for 9 billion points, you've reached the end of the rewards. You can still try for high scores, though!

High scores are local right, not online? I did a cheat run and would hate to have ruined things for other players

Graylen

Green Slime
It's local. :p What is a cheat run?

I'm not sure if i want to publicly expose how to render any challenge the game has useless XD
People who will really want to will find out, and i know how cheating can ruin games, i dont want to be the cause of regret. ^^

For the record, i cheated after finishing the game! :p

GarlicJelly

I'm not sure if i want to publicly expose how to render any challenge the game has useless XD
People who will really want to will find out, and i know how cheating can ruin games, i dont want to be the cause of regret. ^^

For the record, i cheated after finishing the game! :p
I'm guessing you use an external program, maybe cheat engine?, to do these things. I haven't taken a very good look in the actual savefiles but sometimes you can alter your game that way too. Telling the devs how you cheated might help them to prevent those kind of things (if they feel like they want to, it is local after all).

Is there anything exclusive to hard mode that isnt available in normal mode?
The monsters have different attacks but there is no items, quests or stuff like that that you can only find in the Hard difficulty.

GarlicJelly

The hidden map gives you gold and can be found in normal and hard difficulty.

Graylen

Green Slime
The hidden map gives you gold and can be found in normal and hard difficulty.

Could i ask where it is? I found it on a previous character but deleted him to restart, i was convinced there was an 8th map but now i cant find it anymore.

That and the red giga slime on S rank are the only things i have left to do.

GarlicJelly

Could i ask where it is? I found it on a previous character but deleted him to restart, i was convinced there was an 8th map but now i cant find it anymore.

That and the red giga slime on S rank are the only things i have left to do.
That S rank is so sweet! Good luck!
As for the map. Here is a spoiler.
There are tombstones in the Jumpkin Forest. If you talk to these you will find it.

Donald

Rabby
That S rank is so sweet! Good luck!
As for the map. Here is a spoiler.
There are tombstones in the Jumpkin Forest. If you talk to these you will find it.
Found that one myself on accident.

I really just enjoy the sprites and all the animations...makes me think Ragnarok Online/Tree of Savior.

GarlicJelly

This is a really nice list but it's hidden under so much other stuff. I think it's time we give this list some more love and add the new things you can do in the game to it. :D

Own

I'm waiting for Seasonne/Winter to be finished before updating it, since they're both heavily incomplete and subject to change. Also, Seasonne/Winter don't currently add much of anything beyond new enemies, items, cards and sidequests. The mechanics are more or less the same. I guess 'try out all techniques'?

GarlicJelly

I meant maybe update the crafting section and mention that you can continue further in the story and fight the bosses in the season temple. :p But for the most part I just wanted to bump this post so that the new players can easily find it.