Giga Slime in Multiplayer

Caspian

Green Slime
Firstly I'd like to say I've been following this games progress for about a year, building it up in my head for the length of time and I have not been disappointed.

I would like to talk about the Giga Slime in multiplayer on hard mode. I don't know if anyone else has run into this problem but I felt it was a bit over powered. I know that it's hard mode but after switching the difficulty down three of us flattened the thing in one go. Whereas on hard mode we couldn't even get it down to half health. Even switching higher level characters in to help we couldn't do it. I think in that fight the difficulty curve might be nearing impossible? Which is a shame because the rest of the hard difficulty is challenging with out being eye wateringly hard.

Thanks

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Balancing multiplayer hard mode is tricky since we get so little data from such play sessions, and our own testing aren't all that indicative (we usually know how to beat things). I know the fight isn't impossible, but the scaling does bring it closer to the Red Giga Slime (at 4 player hard mode it has pretty similar stats to the normal mode red giga slime, but with less HP).

We'll keep this report in mind, and if we get more of a similar nature we'll have to reconsider the difficulty of the fight. Since Hard is the hardest mode right now we're wary of nerfing stuff prematurely!

If you're looking for Giga Slime pointers, you could probably beat him easily if you moved as a group and made sure he didn't jump all over the place, since everything he does can be dodged as long as you don't run on slime. Never run from the spinning attack, since it spreads slime - block instead!