Revamp Gold Skill Points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MysticVirgo

Green Slime
Gold Skill Points need to be revamped.

I love (LOVE) this game, but the fact I cannot max out AT LEAST 2 spells at level 24 #breaksmyheart.

Players should be able to max out at least 2 skills around level 20-25. (which would make for very interesting builds!)

My suggestion: reduce the number of gold points you have to put into a skill to max it.
You need 5 gold skill points to max a skill correct? (correct me if I'm wrong)
Why not make it 3 gold skill points, to max a skill? I believe at level 24 you can have ONLY 6 gold skill points at level 24-25 SO THUS if you reduced the amount of gold skill points it takes to max a skill. Every player would be able to have at least 2 skills maxed at level 24-25!!!

There are numerous of ways to balance-out the gold skill points, like give us more of them, reduce the amount needed for maxing a skill, or a silver transfer system, or remove it in general. Any of this I imagine couldn't be too much of a hassle to adjust or edit! (I assume at least)

Let me hear everyone opinion on Gold Skill Points! I'd like to hear them all! ^_^

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
1. I think the Devs are already planning on revamping the way Skillpoint work (don't read too much into that pls).
2. I also think that just changing when and how many points the player receives can easily fix this.

You're not alone in thinking that this system could need a little adjustment.

MysticVirgo

Green Slime
Giving Gold Skill Points from quests/chests is an option too.
I love that idea! Since theres "treasure maps" and hidden chests all around the map, it would be cool to gain a some sort of relic in some of those hidden treasures that gives you a gold skill point! Nice idea!

MysticVirgo

Green Slime
1. I think the Devs are already planning on revamping the way Skillpoint work (don't read too much into that pls).
2. I also think that just changing when and how many points the player receives can easily fix this.

You're not alone in thinking that this system could need a little adjustment.

Thank goodness! I was hoping I wasn't the only one seeing this! Haha, and you're correct; that is another way to fix the whole point system! ^_^

Xalaron

Green Slime
I don't mind the current rate of gold skill points when considering that the game is unfinished and more content is to come. This games all about the grind, with a longer story and new places to grind players will more easily reach higher levels and therefore get more gold skill points.

MysticVirgo

Green Slime
I don't mind the current rate of gold skill points when considering that the game is unfinished and more content is to come. This games all about the grind, with a longer story and new places to grind players will more easily reach higher levels and therefore get more gold skill points.

I think I see your point! ^_^
But...
Well, at some rate there is a cap. I believe, in which you get less and less XP from enemies, so around the 20's is when the XP bar starts to get very slow, don't you think? Thus, how much grinding would you really need to pursue to actually max out at least 2 skills? The game is the grind-ey type of game, with cards n' what not (which is fine, I like it!). But grinding hours to max out a second skill, would take a while (and in my opinion shouldn't take so long to achieve something so simple, that could allow much more variety in combat-play). If there are players whom are completely entitled to this game and will spend hours on end, then you're correct sooner or later you shall gain 2 maxed skills, and probably tons of cards haha! But if you have a job, or life matters to attend to, the time people have for games grow less and less. So thus some cannot grind for hours and hours. In the end, the gold skill points I think were a placeholder, to limit players from gaining too much power. I think many players can take notice and see that the skill point system is in need of some adjustment one way or another. Or other ways to gain those points. But, I can see your point, and I respect your opinion! ^_^

MysticVirgo

Green Slime
I'm doing my 3rd time playing through the game, and I will grind more then usual. And I'll see just exactly how much levels I can gain in 1 day. Of course I my self cannot endure grinding all day, so I'll probably take a tiny break after every 3 levels! Then resume grinding. I thank every1 for their opinions, ^_^!!!

One more thing, correct me if I am wrong. Do you get 1 gold skill point every 4 levels? Because at level 24 you get 6 gold skill points. So I assume that means every 4 levels.

One more thing, correct me if I am wrong. Do you get 1 gold skill point every 4 levels? Because at level 24 you get 6 gold skill points. So I assume that means every 4 levels.
No it's every 3 levels starting at level 7, meaning you max out a second skill at the insanely high level of 34. This means that taking a break every 3 levels would be very good because it insures a gold point every session, but good luck once you get passed level 25 or so as the leveling only get slower and slower :eek:

Personally, I have been playing the game for 40+ hours and I'm only at level 28 :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You get the first Gold point at level 7, and then every 3 levels after that (courtesy of Paco on the Discord).

I'll chime in here with the stuff I said on Discord - "I think they're assuming most people will alternate between two skills". If we then factor in what @Own was saying (which I agree with now) - "We'll probably hit level 34 during the fourth dungeon, or the start of the fifth." (and level 34 is the level at which you have 10 gold points), I said "you'll have both of them maxed by roughly the end of the game".

I think that's a nice point at which to have them maxed, as you then have two very powerful skills to play around with for the penultimate/final dungeon.

Just bear in mind we don't quite have a finished game yet, and that the later enemies in the game will give more EXP at the higher levels, meaning it will be significantly easier to level up to higher levels. At the moment, EXP goes down to a minimum around level like, 28 (also take into account that the strongest enemies in the game at the moment take a long time to kill), meaning it is very difficult to reach those levels without AFK farming.

I had something else to add but I've forgotten it. Will edit in or make new post later.

BigStiff

Green Slime
so another really easy way to fix this problem is too allow the ability’s third charge level to be unlocked before max level. So we can keep five gold skill points but give the third charge level when 3 gold skill points are committed to the skill.

(i am also in love with this game)