Grinding quests & learning

Estevan Silva

Green Slime
Hello, guys.

I've been playing this game for about 20 hours ish and I'm loving it.
In this topic, I want to talk about grinding.

Suggestion 1) Grinding quests.
I haven't found a quest about grinding... Like hunt 1000 presents, for example. That would be awesome in the Toy Factory. Or, collect 500 of some item. Supposing that this type of quest does not exist, are we going to have it in the future? The reward could be 1 Gold Point.

Suggestion2) Grinding low level monsters and teaching player.
I really wanted more areas just like Toy Factory, with constant spawning (it is even better in multiplayer). This place is the coolest place in the game IMO.
Also, it took me a while to discover that hunting in a place increases spawn rate. I suggest that you create a cavern in Pillar Mountains with lots of slimes to kill. This should help players to understand the grinding feature early in the game.

Own

The crafting system is essentially "Kill # enemies / gather # items", without having a quest attached to them. The card system as well. The only quest I can think of that works like this is the "Fetch 2 turkeys" quest from Anita.

Personally I find the "Kill/Gather # (...)" quests in RPGs the most tedious. :p SoG's variety of quests is a nice shake-up from the norm.

Estevan Silva

Green Slime
Own, I know that 'kill 1000 monsters' is considered boring.
But, I have one argument that it could be useful in this game: People that just want to chill killing monsters like me. Also, this kind of quest must be completely optional. In the end, this type of quest is a simple support to hardcore grinding, which I don't see in this game, with a 'Grind' in its name xD.

About the crafting system: I found it pretty easy to craft stuff. Personally, no challenge involved in finding or grinding 30 X items or 1 special semi-rare.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You say it's optional, but it never feels that way. If it's official content then it will count towards achieving 100%. At that point, if people don't like it (me), they'll criticise it. Your rewards from intense grinding are already there: Cards, the most powerful items in the game, money, better experience with the combat system and level ups. I really don't think a quest needs to be added to that :p