Hosting demo version

Zurityy

Green Slime
Can you host while playing the demo version for arcade multiplayer using hamachi?

I can host in any other game, but this..?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Can you host while playing the demo version for arcade multiplayer using hamachi?

I can host in any other game, but this..?
I'm not sure but I think it should be possible. Have you tried doing so yet?

Zurityy

Green Slime
I'm not sure but I think it should be possible. Have you tried doing so yet?
Both me and my friend have troubles joining each other. I think I might as well buy a copy or two, so I can play along with my friends.

If admin or dev can confirm this, would be really nice.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yes, the demo has the same multiplayer capabilities as the full game. However (not sure if this is what you're trying to do), someone playing the demo can't connect to someone playing the full version (both must be on the demo).

From what I understand, Hamachi has worked for most people before! However, if you both have Steam, you could also try downloading the demo from there and connecting via your friend's list. That way you get all the pretty robust anti firewall features Steam has.

Zurityy

Green Slime
Yes, the demo has the same multiplayer capabilities as the full game. However (not sure if this is what you're trying to do), someone playing the demo can't connect to someone playing the full version (both must be on the demo).

From what I understand, Hamachi has worked for most people before! However, if you both have Steam, you could also try downloading the demo from there and connecting via your friend's list. That way you get all the pretty robust anti firewall features Steam has.

Yes, both me and my friend have the demo version. Okay, let's say we both download the steam version, once both of us finish do I just change the network from IP to steam or something then start hosting?

zzz.PNG

EDIT: I just downloaded the demo from steam, just waiting for my friend now. I can see the steam network type now! Can't wait, thanks.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yes, both me and my friend have the demo version. Okay, let's say we both download the steam version, once both of us finish do I just change the network from IP to steam or something then start hosting?

Yeah, download it via Steam and then make sure you both have the network set to "Steam" instead of "IP"! After that, the person hosting should be able to invite the other one to join.

Zurityy

Green Slime
Yeah, download it via Steam and then make sure you both have the network set to "Steam" instead of "IP"! After that, the person hosting should be able to invite the other one to join.

It seems to working just perfect, gotta love steam for it. To bad hamachi isn't very consistent for me. Thanks for the help though! Really appreciate it. :D