Hosting Problem

binarzt

Green Slime
Hi Grindea Community,

I didn't want to post this in the Bug section, as I wanted to first try it here if somebody has the same issue or if its just a minor problem on my side.

Before the Steam update, we did the Host/Join with Hamachi, which was working, but we were happy that the Steam feature was implemented.

But since, I think the x.xxx fufu version (I think it was the last bigger update since the Steam update), I cannot Host game. It is possible for me to open/host a game, but nobody of my friends can join. They say they get a flashing screen, but they never enter my server.

For me on the other side, nothing has changed in respect to joining in my friends hosted games.

I tried it with two friends, same problem.

Since I did not find anything in the bug section, it seems like I am maybe the only one with the problem.

Maybe someone has a clue what it could be or how it could be solved.

Steps I did for now:
- Since the time I could actually host a game, I didn't change anything special (in terms of firewall, Anti-Virus software, Port opening ....)
- deleted all game files and loaded them again via Steam
- tried different steps of joining (from the game, or directly from windows via a Steam invitation)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
This is a long shot, but do you have the "Drop In"-setting in the lobby set to "yes"?

binarzt

Green Slime
My friends are not online anymore .... but I checked anyway ... and it was set to "No".

I try it tomorrow, if that was the problem, then I already can say thank you for that simple answer and for me I can at least say that I now have an account here on the forums.

If that really fixes the problem I should reconsider my approaches to future problems I encounter ^^

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Let's hope changing it to "yes" works!

The host should still be able to invite even if it's set to no, but maybe that's what is bugged? I guess we'll see tomorrow!

binarzt

Green Slime
It did do the trick.

Thank you for your accurate and rather simple answer. Now I can host a game. as I have a better connection than my friends ^^