Humble Bundle with older version.

Dulled

Rabby
Good evening you all!

I'm not really sure if this is the right area in the forum, but...

Why is the Humble Bundle version of Secrets of Grindea outdated? I managed to get the newer version from steam, but some friends of mine are with the old one from Humble Bundle and we haven't been able to play.

Is there any way to solve this issue without relying on steam?

Dulled

Rabby
No, your friends should also buy the game instead of using your DRM free version.
They have bought it, sir. We happily managed to get the 4 pack version, so everyone have an unique key. If I were doing what you suggested, It would kind of break the purpose of buying this game now: supporting the developers...

Hobo

Rabby
My apologies to you then, I am just another player like you but when I see issues with the DRM version being outdated it's usually from pirates, except they're usually not brand enough to post on these forums about it, Why don't you and your friends use steam? if you don't mind me asking that is.

Dulled

Rabby
No harm done.

I managed to use steam and successfully got the latest version. But none of them are being able to access their steam account, due to the security feature "Steam Guard" that requires you to write a code than has been sent to your e-mail. The problem is, that this code never arrives! It's a known issue with steam users, but no solution whatsoever is known, I guess you just have to wait some days...

But if the Humble Bundle version got to be the latest, they would be able to download it normally, as they can freely access the Humble Bundle Link. it seems that they will have to wait until the developers update it then.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It's a bit cumbersome to update the DRM free version (at least compared to the super smooth Steam updates), and so it lags a bit behind the Steam stable! We're going to update both the DRM free version and probably the demo as well next time we roll out a stable release.

Truth is, 0.56j (current stable) was supposed to be used for the DRM free build, but I actually failed to branch the source code, which means I can't compile and upload a non-steam version of that release! Sorry about that :(

Dulled

Rabby
Oh well, I guess they will have to wait a little bit. But I understand that issues like this one may happen after all...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the complete answer!

It's a bit cumbersome to update the DRM free version (at least compared to the super smooth Steam updates), and so it lags a bit behind the Steam stable! We're going to update both the DRM free version and probably the demo as well next time we roll out a stable release.

Truth is, 0.56j (current stable) was supposed to be used for the DRM free build, but I actually failed to branch the source code, which means I can't compile and upload a non-steam version of that release! Sorry about that :(

I've actually got an Idea that would work quite well...

You could sell extra packs that are + (Insert Tier Here) that allow for certain features, but without the game. This would allow people to buy future ranks, without buying the game for cheaper, just knock off the game in the + Deals so nobody exploits the system and buys the game with a higher tier cheaper than they're supposed to.

This would be a solution for anyone who bought slime tier but wants a higher one, and the people who bought rabby tier who wants higher will have to buy the tier for a bit more, but it is a solution for most people, who bought the slime or rabby tier.