I torrented Secrets of Grindea.

baynaynay

Green Slime
Seeing the title as a Developer or as a paying customer of the game might feel unusual . Hear me out thought.

I torrented Secrets of Grindea (SoG). After playing about 1 hour or so, the guilt kicked in.
Afterwards I got uncomfortable playing the game because in the back of my mind the thought of unjustly stealing the game kept returning. So I stopped playing.

After a few hours or so I visited this website and came across the Developer Blog. Enjoyed looking at the new animations and videos of the development. And then noticed that the Developers have been working on this game since 2011.

Fuck.

I was kinda paralyzed for a moment. And felt awful to have taken less than 5 minutes to steal a game that clearly took time and effort to make.

And here is the kicker, I don't think I've ever felt regret before when torrenting something.
However, this game, I had a hell of a good time playing (smacking chickens with carrots mainly).
And I wanted to support you guys because of that. :)

I'm sorry, Secret of Grindea Developers.

Yup, that's pretty much it. I deleted the game off my hard-drive. And in the event that I go back to torrent this game, I'm going to look back at this post.

And now I'll await the official release to torrent agai-NO to purchase the game justly and might tune into the Developer Blog occasionally.

:)

TL;DR: Human discovers torrenting has side effects (mainly regret).

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Haha, well I'm glad you enjoy the game and that you appreciate the love we've been pouring into it the last bunch of years :D

Captain WaddleDee

Green Slime
I admit I wanted to try it out past the demo and torrented it myself fully intent on buying it if it was playable after the initial exam. 3 days later, bought the game, have only regretted I didn't do it in the first place. It's an amazing piece of work.