Insect swarm improvement

Sekibanki

Green Slime
I really like insect swarm as a spell but not it's reputation as spray and run easy mode, so I was thinking that maybe if when you attacked an enemy covered in flies they got a damage boost for a little while and maybe regained their old slow effect. This would mean you need to fight along side them instead of just running around and waiting for the enemy to die.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Just because you gave the spell an extra effect for when you hit targets that are attacked by the flies wouldn't mean that people would use that. If you love to min-max and push every little damage out of your spells then sure, you would take the risk of getting hit but I think that most people would still use it the same way they do right now. If there were other reasons for hitting enemies with your weapon like, insects only bring down enemies to 1 HP and won't jump to the next target unless you kill the target yourself, would you actively force the player to play less safe even if just for a moment but doing something like that would probably make people stop using the spell all together since that means you're not ranged anymore. :p