Jump Spot Arrows

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
When I was progressing on my new story mode character today I stumbled upon a jump spot! Since I've played the game before I just knew I could jump down and didn't even look for the arrow. After leaving the area I realized that I actually didn't see the arrow flashing on the ground indicating that I could jump down. I went back and started looking for it. I thought the arrow would help new players find this jump spot but I don't think it's much better than before. You have to get really close to see the arrow and you have to know that you're looking for it since it's hidden! It's got almost the same colour as the ground you're standing on!
SoG Jump Spot Arrows.png
My opinon on the arrows is that they should flash in another colour and/or be possible to spot from a great distance (maybe a faint arrow on the ground the whole time that gets bigger/darker/lighter when you get closer). (Sorry if I sound agressive in this post, no hard feelings.) =)

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I think you could place the arrow just a little bit "deeper" spoken in a two dimensional fashion. Now it appears under your feet, but it could appear on the side of the wall your jumping down. I'd notice that propably.

Naythan

Green Slime
I don't see anything wrong with the current jump spots. If you're not adventurous enough to know this is a jump spot, tough luck! I think they could glow when you're closer though.

Aurophobia

Halloweed
I think the game shouldn't go too deep in disrespecting a gamer's intelligence.
Given that 90% of games nowadays tell you exactly where to go and what to do, and having tutorials,
rather than teach the game by playing and trial and error.

I figured if there is area that differs at an elevated surface with double curved lines, "Hey I can probably jump down from this. What else could it possible mean?" is what goes through my head.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
This jump spot is the only one I found where the arrow didn't help at all. But, I later relized that the arrow by the jump spot near the key further into the temple helped the player to understand that you could jump down from spots with arrows which later led to GUN D4M's fight being easier to understand (which has been a problem before). While I still think that the arrows are a bit to subtle they still help players to understand where you can jump down.