Keyboard/Mouse configurations, plus a mention about some bugs.

Ardeof

Rabby
Configurations:
The current keyboard settings are just difficult to manage. From Z to Esc? That's a bit of a reach, and there's little reason to have such a difficult time moving from button to button. WASD is a standard for a reason, and that's because it's a very optimal position on the keyboard. Easy to reach ctrl, shift, tab, esc and nearly half the buttons on the keyboard. Many individuals have learned to type WASD style instead of ASDF as well.

Lack of mouse configuration is disappointing. I have a mouse which I can configure the buttons to act as a keyboard press, but that shouldn't have to be done in the first place. I get it that this is as much a console game as a PC game, but completely ignoring the mouse while having controller configurations already optimal and ready? Kind of ridiculous.

That aside, now suddenly targeting and lack of an ingame cursor for kb/m is a bit concerning. The mouse exists in games with the purpose of fluid movement, similar to that of a controller/joystick. Aiming a meteor with the mouse would be quite convenient as well. Moving through the menu via an ingame cursor would be great. I do enough tabbing and alt-tabbing on my browser, don't really want to experience that kind of menu in Grindea.

With the configuration problems aside, I do have a couple of videos up of Grindea. One of which shows an in-game bug or two.

1st bug// When an item is "elastic banding" to a character, if the character leaves the map before the item manages to reach the character, the item will not be put into the inventory.

2nd bug// In Arcade Mode, during "Flying Fortress" level: When accepting double mob challenge from Priest, aka: "Nurse", mobs can potentially spawn on an unreachable wall instead of on the floor area.

Edit: After quickly checking this post, I noticed that I forgot to post the video link. Link:

Last edited: