Luigi the ever-clipping shrub master...

TheAngryPanda1

Green Slime
Probably the most annoying thing in arcade mode. Is there any way we could maybe get him to stop trimming the trees/shrubs in the future? The constant "snip snip snip snip snip snip snip snip snip snip" the second you step out of an arcade attempt is just miserable.

I've seen people also discuss maybe putting a fence around the chicken coop so they don't cluck around so much being just as annoying, but honestly I don't mind them nearly as much as Luigi.

Sorry if this seems a bit of a gripe, but it really is annoying. Muting the game doesn't really do it for me either, as I enjoy most of the other audio-related stuff in the game and it would be a shame not to have it around just because Luigi is fighting the never-ending shrub of doom right by the stairs. :(

Loving the game so far regardless, can't wait for future updates!

Own

The chickens are fine, because they're a softer sound and only cluck occasionally. Luigi is relentless.

I'd say only make the snipping sound audible if you're right near Luigi, that or give an option to mute it in game. Like /QuietLuigi, or just asking him to keep it down as an option.

It wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't endlessly snipping so loudly.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
That's the point, or is it not? I mean, there's tons of gardening work Luigi could do beside snipping little branches all day. There are 2 "questions" though. (more like points)
1. He looks like a clean and sophisticated man, maybe he wouldn't get his hands dirty on lower garden work.
2. Does he have to do garden work all the time? He could admire his work from time to time. Just stand there and enjoy his piece of art.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
That's the point, or is it not? I mean, there's tons of gardening work Luigi could do beside snipping little branches all day. There are 2 "questions" though. (more like points)
1. He looks like a clean and sophisticated man, maybe he wouldn't get his hands dirty on lower garden work.
2. Does he have to do garden work all the time? He could admire his work from time to time. Just stand there and enjoy his piece of art.
I like the idea of him stopping to just look at his work. He's been shaping that bush for over a year now and at some point he has to take a step back and look at it.

TheAngryPanda1

Green Slime
Thinking about things more, it might work out to just move him to another location of the map that isn't near the entrance. Proximity sounds like shrub clipping, anvil hammering, and dummy punching/shooting fade away and are much less prevalent to the player at that point (and equally less irritating). Might be a nice little quick-fix?

The other, more long-term option, would be to have the magician character come by after Luigi finishes his shrub-work, and have the magician re-grow the shrub while he's walking off somewhere else with some silly animation that players could enjoy. Or perhaps randomize what the magically grown shrub can turn into and have Luigi trim it back down to it's normalized sprite.

Another, more cruel option, would be to allow players to just cut the tree down somehow and you could give Luigi some special kind of text to go along with it. Going along with this, you could also add an essence expense to re-grow said tree and maybe do something further along those lines in the future. But I know that takes a ton of work to actually implement, so wouldn't expect anything of that degree anytime soon.