Mac Support

Would you want a mac supported version of this game to come out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dust

Green Slime
Dear Devs of Secrets Of Grindea,

So it wasn't long since I bought the game. Realizing this is a Co-Op game I would've bought 4 copies but I realized that all of my friends have a mac. Like me. But not all of them have Windows. And so what I wish for more than fruits and friends is a mac supported version of this game for those friends of mine who use fruit labelled products (Apple). I do realize that this may be a little time consuming to do but... Well I have no arguments or reasons as to why you should create a mac support. I'll leave those things to your wonderful imaginations. Now if you need me I'll be playing Secret of Grindea on my Windows... All alone.

Sincerely,
Dust

P.S Have a very nice day.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
That's a very humble argument you got there (which I personally prefer compared to the lofty promise of "you'll make soooo much money") :D

We tend to not promise anything regarding this, and so I won't, but what I can say is that we'll give it a shot, and that we'll give that shot a bit sooner than expected!

I've "talked a bit" (aka tweeted) with Ethan Lee about his cross platform re-implementation of XNA, called FNA, and he has assured me that creating a build for it after the initial setup is very straightforward (~10 minutes). This would mean that having an FNA-build following the Stable version would not be a very big deal workload wise.

I'm keen on letting him make the initial porting sooner rather than later, in order to get some bug testing done early. An ulterior motive is also a hope that it will help with some of the more ridiculous bugs that seem to be happening to a small number of people, where they get graphic glitches and crashes not reproducible for other people. Having two versions of the game that runs rather differently under the hood might be able to prevent such low level issues...

Wow, man, I totally went off on this subject didn't I?

TL;DR: We'll give it a shot within the next 6 months I think :D

Ardeof

Rabby
FNA also works with Linux I think? So it'd be a convenient cross-platform opportunity. You'd be surprised what that could mean in the long run. :) Could even run into mobile/tablet support.

Edit: *ahem* Oh and shameless request of advanced graphics options (real shadows, etc.) ;D