[Major] Game Breaking Glitch (portals)

Ln6Ec

Green Slime
This one's an odd one, and it's one that no one is likely to come across, unless you're trying to be smart, but I'll post it anyway. My save file is no longer playable because of it, which is a bummer, because I had over 7 hours on that save :(

Okay, so after you defeat the Temple of Seasons/Winter and go back to Evergrind City, you can start the "Festival!" quest. In this quest, after you defeat Vilya, Teddy, and Freddy and go into your father's lab for the baking soda, you can go into the High Collector's office and snoop around.
THIS IS WHERE THE GLITCH HAPPENS
When I read the final document, Bag told me we should get back. For fear of being caught by the Master Collector, I TELEPORTED out of her office, back to the city center, which caused the city center to return to its normal state(day time/not blocked off) and count the quest as completed. It even gave me the reward for completing the quest.

I went on playing the game, finishing side quests, thinking nothing of what happened until I ran out of side quests to perform. I figured I had to talk to someone back at the castle, so I went back in and no one was there. I exited, and the city center was back to its Festival state (complete with Festival music). There were no quest activities left, so there was nothing to do.
The game crashes if I try to speak to my father again, since the game is simultaneously in a "complete" and "incomplete" state. If I reload the game, I can get back into the castle and go into my father's lab, but I get stuck there too because the baking soda is gone and I can't leave without the non-existent baking soda :(

Has anyone else experienced Schrödinger's quest?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Yes, this is the exact issue I've had with one of my characters, but I instead managed to achieve it with a funky combination of resetting commands that I will never touch again.

Do you know how to restore backups? If not, there's a video in the spoiler below on how to do so, and I'd suggest watching it through fully as it explains a few quirks. However, I wouldn't want you to lose all your progress on the side quests, so attached below is a .zip file containing a .wld file for the Festival. If you replace your current character's .wld file with this one (after renaming of course), and then boot up the game, this might get you out of that sticky situation.

To get the file out of the .zip, right click on it and select "Extract All". Let me know how it goes, as I'm yet to try this myself :D

Attachments

• Festival.zip
    440 bytes · Views: 0