Make a better room to farm Season Mages in?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Right now there is only one place in the whole Season Temple where enemies respawn, all the other rooms have enemies in them when you enter but after you've killed them they don't respawn. Another thing is that there is only one room where mages spawn from the beginning but it's not one of each kind as with almost all the other rooms with knights in them but it's only Autum and Winter so farming the Summer mage is the most difficult enemy to farm right now in the new temple. So my suggestion would be to change enemies in one of the rooms (maybe the room behind the waterfall in the eastern part of the temple?) to make it just as easy for mages to farm their gear as for melee characters.

mr. nails

Rabby
Can you even farm summer mages once you've passed them up in the temple of seasons? They are not respawning for me.. same as those darn gifts!

GarlicJelly

Can you even farm summer mages once you've passed them up in the temple of seasons? They are not respawning for me.. same as those darn gifts!
Yes you can farm them. The room in the upper right corner behind the vine/root in the big room with the statue you'll find the room. It's the same room that you got stuck in and had to fight a lot of enemies before they would let you out. It has all 3 different kinds of knights in it when you first enter and it's the room that leads to the Ice/Water Puzzle. I think you'll find it. :D

mr. nails

Rabby
Yes you can farm them. The room in the upper right corner behind the vine/root in the big room with the statue you'll find the room. It's the same room that you got stuck in and had to fight a lot of enemies before they would let you out. It has all 3 different kinds of knights in it when you first enter and it's the room that leads to the Ice/Water Puzzle. I think you'll find it. :D

Hrmm, Ok. I must have just missed it then for some odd reason. I've did all that's available to do in the temple atm up to and including the water puzzle. I did fight them getting there, but haven't ran into them since. I'll check real quick.

edit* Ok, yeah. LoL. My problem was I never gave that room time to respawn. I always went in there and killed the stuff and picked up the coins and left. Respawn time was kinda slow.

I went in there and checked everywhere and didn't see what you were talking about. Then while reading over your comment I heard stuff spawning and alt+tab back in and there they were. Sneaky mages. Completed the farm.

Once again... still missing 2 cards. 1 gift? and 1 who knows. Thank you.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Hrmm, Ok. I must have just missed it then for some odd reason. I've did all that's available to do in the temple atm up to and including the water puzzle. I did fight them getting there, but haven't ran into them since. I'll check real quick.

edit* Ok, yeah. LoL. My problem was I never gave that room time to respawn. I always went in there and killed the stuff and picked up the coins and left. Respawn time was kinda slow.

I went in there and checked everywhere and didn't see what you were talking about. Then while reading over your comment I heard stuff spawning and alt+tab back in and there they were. Sneaky mages. Completed the farm.

Once again... still missing 2 cards. 1 gift? and 1 who knows. Thank you.
The respawn rate is super slow in that room for some reason but as soon as you've started killing them the respawn ramps up and you'll have 4 enemies on the screen almost all the time. Sadly it's a very inefficient way of farming Summer Mages since there is only a chance of them spawning while all the other rooms have the other types spawning as soon as you enter. Leaving and re-entering is much quicker if you wanna farm a specific type of enemy.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
For the next patch, I've thrown in a farmable summer mage into the small fight room of the right wing!

Donald

Rabby
--Yeah id like to see the spawn ramped up all around. Lots of dead space in the temple it feels. Perhaps Im just sticking inside it too long so it feels smaller.

GarlicJelly

For the next patch, I've thrown in a farmable summer mage into the small fight room of the right wing!
I was hoping that you would replace the 3 knigts in that room with the 3 different mages but as long as there is access to one of each enemy it's not a big problem. :)